Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2014, 10:12 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Sitkadoc
Water Heater problems

I have a 2006 Allegro Open Road (35TSA). We'll be moving back to Oregon soon and I'm trying to get the rig all ready. I discovered that the Water Heater is not working correctly (Atwood GC6AA-10E, combined gas & electric, 6 gal.). I'm not much of a mechanic (electrical or otherwise, though I do good things with wood), but I need some questions answered. First, I would like to know how to access the water connections and hot water shut off to the heater. I don't have a manual for the coach (never did) but it seems that there should be a way from the inside of the coach, because I certainly don't see connections (other than the gas lead) at the water heater. Can someone give me a clue as to where (how) I can access the water lines?
Sitkadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #2

I have this on Atwood. Look carefully for a removable panel that separates the W/H from the coach interior. Manufacturers love to hide access panels.

Sorry, file is too large for me to post here . If " 007" or another moderator doesn't get to you with a manual on the W/H, send me a personal message with your e mail address and I'll send it to you.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for your reply. I have the Atwood manual for my water heater, but unfortunately it doesn't show (or describe) where the water supply connects are--which I presume are hidden at the back. As far as the access, I have looked and looked for an access panel, but have come up empty--any specific suggestions? I am trying to get ahold of an Owner's Manual for the 2006 Allegro Open Road (35TSA) since I have never had one. but even getting someone at Tiffin parts or service has proved most difficult. Thanks again.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Manuals | Tiffin Motorhomes maybe this will help !!!!
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:44 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Unless Tiffin is different, there is no specific water shutoff for the water heater, just the main shutoff in the wetbay....could be wrong though....not the first time according to the DW...
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post
Unless Tiffin is different, there is no specific water shutoff for the water heater, just the main shutoff in the wetbay....could be wrong though....not the first time according to the DW...
Should be able to isolate the water heater from the coach water system ( pressure ) by using the winterizing by-pass valves.

BTW: My DW, never says that I'm wrong, she lets me figure it out for myself ; then laughs.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
The water hook ups on RV water heaters is almost always on the back. Check interior furniture and cabinets near the water heater, perhaps there is an access panel. Sometimes the access is only available by crawling underneath and looking at the back of the water heater. If it's enclosed for winter use, it might have to be removed. Winterizing bypass is usually marked and located in a compartment.
You haven't described the issues you're having, more information is needed.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:40 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Problem solved

Found It! Turns out the access to the water heater is the bay panel surrounding it. Crawl under--groan--and take two screws out and lift. Thanks for all your input--most appreciated (and a great introduction to this forum).
Sitkadoc
Old 05-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #9

Great that you found what your after.
Manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to hide stuff from us.
Don't get me started on fuse locations.

Tags
heater, water, water heater