Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2012, 08:47 AM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
To the OP, if it makes you feel any better, one of my neighbors bought a new Jayco Greyhawk 31FS this year and his water pump was always running and neither he nor the dealer could figure out how to turn it off (other than the 12V disconnect for the coach). Turns out that all the water pump switches are in parallel (not in series) if any of them are on, the pump is on. The problem is that if you want to turn the pump off, they all have to be off! Jayco puts a water pump switch inside the compartment that has the outdoor shower (which is not necessarily a bad thing and can be convenient) but if the switches are in parallel, you have to know it exists! The problem with that one is that if you don't store the shower head properly, it will push on the switch to turn it on! (and since the switches are in parallel, this turns on the pump and you can't turn it off if you don't know there's a switch there!!!)
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #30
TGR

I have a 35QBA and installed an indicator light. I posted details on Tiffin RV Network. You may want to search there, or sent me an email and I'll provide the details. Cost of materials was about $5.
TGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Ours is working great now. Thanks anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGR View Post
I have a 35QBA and installed an indicator light. I posted details on Tiffin RV Network. You may want to search there, or sent me an email and I'll provide the details. Cost of materials was about $5.
coachmanrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:56 AM   #32

Quote:
TGR I just read your note on your 35QBA water pump switches without indicator lights, I just purchased a 2012 35QBA and it doesn't have indicator lights on the 2 switches so it is hard to here the pump, my email is abeacock@sympatico.ca if you still have how you put in your indicator lights Thanks AL
Beacoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:47 AM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
On my 2015 Bus, I have a switch near the kitchen sink and one switch in each bathroom, when any one of the three is switched too on, the switch lights up on all. No an issue for me.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:31 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
I'm glad this post got resurrected. I would like to put indicators on my switches too. I'm not quite sure how the LED was wired. Did you run in "in line" with the middle wire or tap into the middle wire and connect to a separate ground?
techdad55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:27 AM   #35
TGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacoal View Post
TGR I just read your note on your 35QBA water pump switches without indicator lights, I just purchased a 2012 35QBA and it doesn't have indicator lights on the 2 switches so it is hard to here the pump, my email is abeacock@sympatico.ca if you still have how you put in your indicator lights Thanks AL
Al
I have installed the light at the kitchen switch. I have the light to install one in the bathroom, but haven’t found the need.
I bought a 12v led light from Radio Shack and about 15’ of 20 gauge wire. I tracked the wire along the path of the wire between the kitchen switch and water pump. I connected it to the two wires which connect at the water pump.
If either switch is turned on the led light goes on.
Please feel free to email me with any questions.
Taylor
Tgr298@yahoo.com
Old 10-19-2018, 04:29 AM   #36
TGR

See above reply.

I ran the wires back to the pump so the light would go on if either switch was hit.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:57 PM   #37

Thanks so much TGR I am not an electrician so your way sounds like an easy way and easier to do, thanks so much Al
Old 10-21-2018, 10:36 AM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
See above reply.

I ran the wires back to the pump so the light would go on if either switch was hit.
I believe on the 2012 and 2013 35 QBA that the wire that you are hooking to at the pump is the same wire that that comes off the kitchen switch. The bathroom switch feeds back through the kitchen switch to power the pump. It should be a yellow wire and is marked wire to pump. Since you have to take the switch out to add your LED indicator light you can just tap into the wire there and not have to fish a wire all the way to the pump.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:16 AM   #39

Water pump light indicator

Thanks to everyone for all the thoughts and instructions, I ended up installing a LED just under the water pump switch, I hooked into the Red wire on the pump switch and the White wire on the fan switch, works great except the LED I purchased might be a little to bright so I may have to think about painting it to null it down a little otherwise I may need eye surgery Thanks again Al
Old 10-22-2018, 10:08 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacoal View Post
Thanks to everyone for all the thoughts and instructions, I ended up installing a LED just under the water pump switch, I hooked into the Red wire on the pump switch and the White wire on the fan switch, works great except the LED I purchased might be a little to bright so I may have to think about painting it to null it down a little otherwise I may need eye surgery Thanks again Al
Sounds like you have the wrong size resistor. What size resistor did you use? Do you have the specs on the LED you used? I would start with a 1k
Gaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water