Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2019, 02:24 PM   #1

WeBoost install on Allegro Red 37PA

Anyone install the we boost cell booster on their 37PA (or anything). Trying to think through the best “through-hull” location (if any) to bring the cable into the coach.
Esc Pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2019, 03:40 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Your talking about the external antenna, correct?
Reelgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgator View Post
Your talking about the external antenna, correct?

Yes. I am trying to think through optimal way to run the line through. I was thinking of mounting the Omni-antenna on a pile I can move around (and up and down), but trying to figure out best way to get into coach.

In the back of my mind, I was wondering if I can use the external satellite jack in the wet bay as a way “in” ...but have not looked to see if the cables are compatible.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esc Pod View Post
Yes. I am trying to think through optimal way to run the line through. I was thinking of mounting the Omni-antenna on a pile I can move around (and up and down), but trying to figure out best way to get into coach.

In the back of my mind, I was wondering if I can use the external satellite jack in the wet bay as a way “in” ...but have not looked to see if the cables are compatible.

Pole...not pile
Old 08-23-2019, 04:12 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I ran mine through my radio antenna hole needed to buy more cable,some go through refrigerator vent
jarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:24 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
The coax feed from the cable might work, but the cables are different than what comes with the unit. I can tell you that a permanent mount will serve you best. I have had one mounted to my ladder and another dead mod roof on a aluminum plate. One word of advice, only power up the unit when needed otherwise you will degrade a perfectly good signal.

What interior antenna do you have? Candy bar, disk....etc.
Reelgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:54 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esc Pod View Post
Anyone install the we boost cell booster on their 37PA (or anything). Trying to think through the best “through-hull” location (if any) to bring the cable into the coach.
It depends on what antenna you have some are 50 ohm others are 75 ohm. Satellite and cable are 75 ohm. Some people run the cable through the slide out opening. On my class C, I mounted omni antenna on th top of the ladder rail and ran the wire down the ladder and under the RV and up through the floor. Here's the post with a couple of pictures. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/cell-...ed-416446.html
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:03 PM   #8

Good points all. Thank you!
Old 08-25-2019, 04:10 PM   #9
KJR

I have a new 2019 Red 37pa and want to eventually install a Weboost. I’m thinking the only way to run is drill a hole in the roof to the cabinet above the passenger seat where the Triplevision OTA/Switch is located then run the indoor antenna cable to the indoor antenna which you can locate on the dinette table. Weboost told me the 13’ cable is the maximum length it would be nice to install an indoor “home” wall antenna to the cabinet wall adjacent to the passenger slide. There is plenty of clearance but don’t know of the indoor antenna signal pattern would be able to reach down to the dinette table.

I’d mount the antenna as far aft as possible maybe mounted on the ladder then run a low loss cable to the front down in the cabinet. Scary to drill a hole in the roof.

KJR
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:42 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
WeBoost cable routing

My WeBoost external antenna is on a flag pole mounted to the Receiver hitch. I remove it when traveling. A 12.5 ft cable runs down the pole and connects to a second cable that is routed through the engine compartment and comes up through the floor with the hydraulic lines that operate the passenger side bedroom slide. I like that better than the way I routed it on the previous motor home (Monaco Camelot 40PST DP) where I ran it forward on the roof to the bathroom vent and down into a kitchen cabinet adjacent to the vent pipe. It worked fine but I didn't like the idea of all those little cable clamps screwed to the roof. I also like the receiver hitch mounting better than the ladder mounting because I get tired of climbing half way up the ladder to install or adjust the antenna. My external antenna is directional because I thought I might get a few more dbA amplification that way. Hence, I have to reorient it sometimes if the wind blows it around. Hope this helps.
Skidaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, install