Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2014, 09:11 AM   #57

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbott View Post
Well, it's quite simple. I highly recommend that if you have a Tiffin motor home built you be on site for the build process. This goes a long way...

...We are very happy with the end result and are living comfortably in our 45LP.
I admire your patience!! Did you get an additional discount on purchase price for your 'Inspection/Quality Control' management or just an hourly rate?

Wonder how long it's going to take for them to recognize a little higher standard during assembly would pay off in fewer returns, complaints and a better reputation of their product?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2014, 05:54 AM   #58

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I admire your patience!! Did you get an additional discount on purchase price for your 'Inspection/Quality Control' management or just an hourly rate?

Wonder how long it's going to take for them to recognize a little higher standard during assembly would pay off in fewer returns, complaints and a better reputation of their product?
Agreed. I think all manufacturers could improve upon their standards and QC.

We were joking around with the factory workers that since we were their so long Tiffin should just put us on the payroll.

I must say though, Tiffin does really listen to the customer. Bob Tiffin himself has an open door policy. Actually, let me correct that, Bob doesn't even have a door. He is always up for listening to the customer. And when you speak to him he's feverishly writing things down in his notebook for later reference. Their's been several changes to the line that have come from customer comments. For instance, the new 2015 45LP's will no longer have the side passenger window that opens. Lots of customers were changing that window out to a large, port hole type window (which does not open). They liked the openness of that window to be able to look out unobstructed. Tiffin saw this and made the change.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:06 AM   #59

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm glad I bought used. Fixing, upgrading, and modifying feels like a more "natural" thing to talk about without the trauma of having spent a bundle to begin with.
Enjoy your RV's!
iHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:18 PM   #60

Tiffin Owners Club
I find it interesting that many of those that call Tiffin out on quality control aren't even Tiffin owners. But it seems that most of the Tiffin owners are pretty happy with their motorhome and the factory response to issues.

Tiffin bought a 1 year old 28 Breeze back from us, because we didn't like the way it drove, for full credit along with a nice discount on our new (at the time) Bus.

Anyway, just an observation...
Old 06-23-2014, 06:19 AM   #61

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHoliday View Post
I'm glad I bought used. Fixing, upgrading, and modifying feels like a more "natural" thing to talk about without the trauma of having spent a bundle to begin with.
Enjoy your RV's!
Agreed that buying used is right for some people. Just not all. I for one have seen, experienced and even helped people with their motor homes whom don't know anything about them even though they have been living FT in them for years. Some people treat their motor homes very poorly and it scares me to death to see how little they actually know about what they own. I actually ran across a guy that had owned and traveled in his motor home FT for 3 years and didn't even know what an inverter was or that he had one. I can only imagine what else he was using improperly and to me, that could potentially be a problem for the next owner. Maintenance, up-keep and just general use can be a difficult thing for some people and it's those individuals that scare me whom put there used motor homes out there for sale. I for one am glad that we bought new as we knew exactly what we were getting, how to use it and we were also able to customize some items in it, right from the factory.

As I said, some people like buying used. It's just not for everyone. Good luck in your travels!
Old 06-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #62

Interesting to read that Tiffin bought back a 1 year old Breeze because of the handling when they wouldn't buy back my 1 year old Phaeton that filled with exhaust fumes when we drove.....even after trying to have it fixed 10 times! Face to face, Bob Tiffin said it wasn't their problem, it was a freightliner problem and I would have to deal with them. Two letters to him went unanswered, even one hand delivered to him. He offered $9000 if we would pay $30,000 for a new Phaeton. No way was I going to pay for another Tiffin product.....we bought an Entegra. Lost a lot of money, but what is my health worth? Exhaust fumes cause cancer!
Old 06-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #63

Dealer fixed everything on our list before purchase. It was the 83 things we found later and that stopped working shortly after...slides that stopped working, leaks, exhaust fumes, rain pouring in... etc
Old 06-25-2014, 05:30 AM   #64

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by windswept View Post
Interesting to read that Tiffin bought back a 1 year old Breeze because of the handling when they wouldn't buy back my 1 year old Phaeton that filled with exhaust fumes when we drove.....even after trying to have it fixed 10 times! Face to face, Bob Tiffin said it wasn't their problem, it was a freightliner problem and I would have to deal with them. Two letters to him went unanswered, even one hand delivered to him. He offered $9000 if we would pay $30,000 for a new Phaeton. No way was I going to pay for another Tiffin product.....we bought an Entegra. Lost a lot of money, but what is my health worth? Exhaust fumes cause cancer!
I find it interesting too...If I were you and had the experiences you're sharing I'd feel the same way you do. As it stands today there's not even another brand I'd consider.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:27 AM   #65

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by windswept View Post
I am sorry for your issues. I have to say though, we did consider Entegra when we were looking for a new home and they certainly have their issues too. A lot of Entregra owners are having issues with their paint peeling and coming off brand new coaches, slides now working and water leaks. The upper management that was originally from Travel Supreme all have since left.

It seems every coach manufacturer has their issues. I hope you are happy with your Entegra and have no issues with it. I know we are happy with our Tiffin. To each his own.

Tags
service