Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2014, 09:59 PM   #1

white faceplate

Hi all,
Sitting in a Mesa, AZ, RV park in my first coach. It is a 2000 Allegro Bus, 3 slide with a 300 Cat, 37 ft. We decided to park it for a month and live in it to try and figure out the gadgets, etc. as we are FT right out of the gate! I have done pretty well so far I think. However, I have one button that the manual doesn't identify so I thought maybe someone out there could help. I really dont care to push it yet.I am trying to attach photo without success so I will describe:
It is above the front door with the rest of monitors. Thefaceplate is exactly like a 110 outlet plate. It has what looks like a small screen in the middle about one inch square with a black button under it about one half inch square.
Anyone else got one?? I know, just push it. However, I am learning that the electrical system is complicated and I thought surely one of you have one.
Thanks much all,
Mike
Mdhcols is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2014, 06:25 AM   #2

Hello, and congratulations on your new lifestyle!

Sounds like the elevation monitor for your satellite dish. If you have a dish that cranks from the ceiling, try and raise it and press the button and see if it gives you a degrees in elevation (usually a 2 digit number).

Greg & Lynn (Full-timers)
2011 42QBH Tiffin Phaeton
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

Greg & Lynn (Full-Timing)
2011 Phaeton 42 QBH / Spartan Chassis
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
FDchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdhcols View Post
I have one button that the manual doesn't identify so I thought maybe someone out there could help. I really dont care to push it yet.I am trying to attach photo without success so I will describe:
It is above the front door with the rest of monitors. The faceplate is exactly like a 110 outlet plate. It has what looks like a small screen in the middle about one inch square with a black button under it about one half inch square.
Anyone else got one??
Mike
Mike
It could it be the power supply/switch for the amp in your roof top OTA, (over the air), TV antenna??

Take your plate off the wall and see if there are coax cables connected to it.... (the back of my "antenna amp switch plate" looks like this):

It is wired like this:

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:57 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Given the display I will go with the elevation monitor for a roof mounted sat dish..

IF there were 3 buttons, 2 displays and some LED's I know exactly what it was, But given just one button and display.. The only thing I've seen with that config is the manual dish elevation monitor.

IF you have a roof mounted sat Tv antenna and use it, I can tell you how to use the monitor. but if you have a dome or the dish is history or you don't hae Sat tv, then it's of no use.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:18 AM   #5

white faceplate resolved!

Thanks guys. It does belong to the antenna which I am not using currently. Your thoughts and help are appreciated much. Sometimes I feel like I'm stumbling around in the dark.
Mdhcols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:29 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Thanks guys. It does belong to the antenna which I am not using currently. Your thoughts and help are appreciated much. Sometimes I feel like I'm stumbling around in the dark.
You ARE stumbling around in the dark, but so are the rest of us.

That's why we have big knots on our foreheads.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Hi all,
Sitting in a Mesa, AZ, RV park in my first coach. It is a 2000 Allegro Bus, 3 slide with a 300 Cat, 37 ft. We decided to park it for a month and live in it to try and figure out the gadgets, etc. as we are FT right out of the gate! I have done pretty well so far I think. However, I have one button that the manual doesn't identify so I thought maybe someone out there could help. I really dont care to push it yet.I am trying to attach photo without success so I will describe:
It is above the front door with the rest of monitors. Thefaceplate is exactly like a 110 outlet plate. It has what looks like a small screen in the middle about one inch square with a black button under it about one half inch square.
Anyone else got one?? I know, just push it. However, I am learning that the electrical system is complicated and I thought surely one of you have one.
Thanks much all,
Mike
Welcome to the learning curve! It is the elevation/signal monitor for your satellite. Learn something every day....it can be frustrating, but you will make it.
gowhiz is offline   Reply With Quote