RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2015, 05:54 PM   #1

Why not a Breeze 32?

What are the worst problems, compromises, concerns about the Breeze 32?

RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2015, 06:15 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Either all or none depending on your criteria for owning a MH.

The first step is to decide what you need, what you want, and what your RV life is going to look like.

Second step is to assess how the Breeze 32 stacks up.

Otherwise we're just engaged in a pointless "list building" exercise.

alandsusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:37 AM   #3

It should be an ongoing process because for many people who are unhappy with their purchase (any mh), it seems to be little of what they did before they bought, and very little of enough as I see it.

Motorhomes are complex and without a deep understanding of what you are purchasing, it is easy to be unhappy.

Just consider how many owners have bought up, then up, then up again in length. Who bought gas, then diesel. And a few who bought down, and went from diesel to gas.

Just consider how many owners bought new and were unhappy with all the new quality control issues (I'm talking about the industry here). How many mh were bought, but then spend most of the time parked, not being used.

No, I don't think I agree with you as to what is first on the list. In fact, I don't think it is a list or steps, but an ongoing learning process.

What is pointless is buying when I don't have a clear understanding of what I'm buying...especially when it takes years to be on top of ones game.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #4

We strongly considered the Breeze 32 but the rear wheel well humps at the foot of the bed were the deal breaker for us. Why they didn't make the coach 3 inches taller and eliminate the wheel well is beyond me.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:32 PM   #5

Thanks Roger G, that is the kind of response I'm looking for.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:17 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Buy one! They are great. When I stand on the little wheel hump, I feel six feet tall!
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:47 AM   #7

Actually, one of the reasons I'm kind of drawn to this shorter dp rv is because of the owners...different target group. Full-timers kind of hang in there differently as far as I can tell with a different way of looking at things when one gets to 39foot plus. Not good or bad, just different.

I always drove sports cars and a rice rocket in the curves, so I'm naturally pulled towards mobility and flexibility, and away from relaxed extended time in one place with all the bells and whistles luxury. Yes, I know you can move a 45 ft mh.

Don't need speed necessarily, but will have to look closely at the storage capacity more than anything, since I kind of need a bit of room for my gear and mh upgrades.

Fortunately, I'm good at quick cooking so I'm not drawn towards the larger kitchens.

I kind of wanted to get a Newmar with Comfort Drive, but it seems the Breeze 32 stands on its own at that length without competitors and if I wasn't married I might just run around in a 24 foot Sprinter. A used 35 Newmar is a bit pricy for the newer floor plans and more of everything of course, and most Newmars tend to stretch out a bit longer than I want like a Dutch Star...when looking at what is available in the used market place.

I plan more on extended traveling, short rv parks occasional stays, and some boon docking, rather than extended stays in rv parks. I plan to spend more time outside than in. So, I kind of keep getting drawn back to the Breeze 32.

However, my immediate focus is getting my RV tech certification.

So, at this point I'm down to a short Ventana, Breeze 32, or short Red...and no clear winner yet until I drag my wife along with the cash sitting in the bank account.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:01 PM   #8

RogerS,

Breeze 32 owner since August 2011.
Here are a couple of my posts on TiffinRVNetwork that might interest you.

Initial impressions (Oct 2011)
A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork € Login

100 nights in the Breeze update (July 2012)
A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork € Login

Now at over 300 nights (roughly 1/3 timing) and still like the coach.
Good: exterior size, inside & outside storage, air leveling, U-lounge
Less Good: small bedroom, small kitchen, small refrigerator
Late models: more power, engine brake, double kitchen sink improvements

Reality: wife would like a better kitchen - residential refrigerator, better stove, more counter space, etc.
All that can be found in slightly longer REDs, but then you've got a full size coach rather than the Breeze.
That's the trade off for us - exterior size vs. interior space. For now we're sticking with the Breeze.

Bottom-line: excellent coach for it's size, just need to understand what you give up to get the lower overall height.

Good luck with your decision, rick p

ps: picture is our Breeze on the morning after our first night
Old 01-11-2015, 06:05 AM   #9

Thanks Rick. These posts are really excellent. You actually addressed my short list of things I thought I needed to think through, regarding my three possibles, all in two posts. As always the "issues" are more like a pair shoes - does it fit for the intended use. Unfortunately, a lot harder than writing that sentence.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:43 AM   #10

RodgerS,

We have a 2014 Breeze 32BR. There have been a few tiny problems... water pump mount failed, some loose screws, a few fit and finish items... a sloppy windscreen install that I missed on purchase inspection.

The only real problem has been the front brakes. I drive very conservatively, use the engine brake, slow descents down hills, etc. But I have had the coach in the shop 3 or 4 times in 7500 miles for pulsing and shaking of the front end upon braking. The drums have been replaced once and the pads twice. The alignment has been adjusted twice. I play close attention to tire pressure. I have an appointment now to get the brakes and alignment repaired again.

Tiffin has been very good about honoring the repairs. I live and travel on the west coast so far from the factory. Because I am traveling, I am on my 3rd service shop now... maybe three's a charm!
mostlychaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:19 AM   #11

I probably will look at another Breeze later on. I can probably get used to the tight cabinet, maybe by standing to the left side when I open the cabinet? And maybe I can adjust to the large storage bay as well. For now, just focusing on trying to finish up my RV tech cert.

I do admit I like it and can't quite close it out of my mind. But a new gas hovers in my mind as well.

Do like the idea of the custom chassis. By the time I'm ready, the new 2016s will be coming on the lots and that could make things interesting. Some speculation the hp will be upgraded...that would influence my decision despite the reports that the current hp is sufficient as it should allow for an expansion of the CCC, if not more storage space.

It is supposed to be the sports car of the RVs after all.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:39 AM   #12

Very little closet and drawer space in BR.
jpstakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:34 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpstakun View Post
Very little closet and drawer space in BR.
In a 32BR:

One pretty large regular closet, two shirt closets, one coat closet.

15 drawers in the bedroom (6 are narrow next to the bed, other 9 are big), plus quite a big storage area under the bed.

3 narrow drawers in the hall under the coat closet.

6 drawers in the kitchen (3 narrow, 3 big)

MANY cabinets.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:30 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Re closet space, I'd love to have my BR32 BR storage space back. We just took delivery of our new Phaeton 36 and, though the closet is bigger, the reduction in drawers, and other storage required quite some juggling.

alandsusy is offline   Reply With Quote