Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2017, 09:47 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Hmmmm, bucket list? Hard one that...........
Moab is great, also the Canadian Rockies.
I guess you just have to get out there and do what you like.
Enjoy your life, you only get one.
Remember that box of chocolates, you never know.
Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2017, 09:56 AM   #16

Rails to Trails for biking, they seem to be everywhere. And Canadian Rockies; Wow! Hike at least part of the Grand Canyon. Lake Tahoe. If you want to see it all in one place, Lassen Volcanic NP. Yosemite. Lincoln memorial in D.C. Mt Rushmore; Carlsbad Caverns, NM. Cliff dwellings, petroglyphs, they are everywhere! Found petroglyphs near Nanaimo on Vancouver Island!
Maybe not focus on the destination, but the journey, every small town has a story to tell, just take the time to listen.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:06 AM   #17

We retired at 56 and coming up to our 11th year, and 8th year of the RV Lifestyle.
We spend 3 months each Winter heading to Florida from Canada (love the Florida Keys) and still have these new and return plans on our Bucket List:

1) See the Grand Canyon
2) Sturgis for Bike Week
3) Travel in through Arizona
4) Calgary Stampede and Banff Alberta (again)
5) Pacific Coast Hiway San Francisco to LA (again)
6) Canadian East Coast (again)
7) International Blues Challenge in Memphis (again)
8) Travel through Texas (again)
9) Biltmore Estate Asheville NC - March 2018

We have enjoyed many great places in both Canada and the US and keep some on a Return Bucket List.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:25 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Just get out and see this great country we live in. Visit Great Basin National park / Leman Caves again. Henry Ford museum and Alabama Space and Rocket museum.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
Out bucket list is to see all the National Parks. Been to 35 and counting.
Assateague National Seashore, Oceanside, 2 loop, site 37 or 35, (good luck reserving that)

Sweetbriar, Did your first list, just don't remember if we went to the top of Pikes peak.

Stay away from Death valley, that place is death on a stick, even the chilled water fountain was hot. We slept on the roof.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:30 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by trx430ex View Post
Assateague National Seashore, Oceanside, 2 loop, site 37 or 35, (good luck reserving that)

Sweetbriar, Did your first list, just don't remember if we went to the top of Pikes peak.

Stay away from Death valley, that place is death on a stick, even the chilled water fountain was hot. We slept on the roof.
Been to Death Valley NP 3 times. Loved each time. Yes it is HOT in the summer. Best times to visit spring, fall , and winter. Got my disability NP pass at DVNP way back in 1994.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:00 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We've been Motorhoming for over twenty years now. Almost 18 since I retired. Been a lot of the usual places and now looking for more unusual things to do and see.

Been to the Calgary Stampede
Glacier NP, Roosevelt NP, Black Hills, Custer State Park, Grand Canyon NP, Flagstaff, Phoenix, Tuscon, Pima Air Museum, Deadwood, Los Cruxes, White Sands NP, Alamogordo, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Galveston, Aransas Pass, Oklahoma City, Cowboy Hall of Fame, St. Louis, New Orleans, Mar De Gras, Gulf Coast, Tampa area, Alligator Alley, Lake Okeechobee, Ft. Lauderdale, Keys, Key West, St. Augustine, Savannah, Charleston, Chinqueteque, Assateuque Island, Harpers Ferry, Gettysburg, New York Finger Lakes, Chicago, Door County, Chippewa Flowage, Mil Laq Lake, Duluth, Lake of the Woods, and a few more that I forgot or that were insignificant.

Looking for new adventures. Next plan is to spend three weeks in Dickenson, Tx. then to jump over to Baton Rouge and slowly follow the River Road North.

It's all good.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:35 PM   #22

Carolina Campers
my wife is coming up on retirement in 2019 my bucket list id to go west and see the grand canyon, Yosemite, black mountain and Alaska.
danford50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:26 PM   #23

Play golf in every state, stop a every unusual attraction on the side of the road, go with the flow.
DWRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:39 PM   #24

Some good lists that bring back a lot of memories for me. I think a bucket list should consist of places that are most interesting to the individual, starting with the most interesting first. When we started back in the '70s we used books to study places we wanted to see, now I would guess there are many faster and easier ways. We still use books because we have a lot of them.

I haven't seen AK mentioned. It, IMHO, should be on a bucket list for anyone who likes the outdoors and history. A beautiful place.

Cooperhawk, thinking you have an interest in aviation, I would guess that in addition to all the other places on your list, you have also been to AF museum in Dayton, The Air and Space in D. C., and EAA AirVenture at Oshkosh. If not, IMHO, all are worth visiting if you're in the area. There is also the Evergreen museum at McMinnville, OR where the Spruce Goose resides, along with a lot of other aircraft.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:38 AM   #25

Didn't really start with a list 5 years ago. The goal was to allow the dogs to water every rock and bush they could find in the lower 48. We've been in all but the New England states and are headed that direction this spring/summer. Every state has so much to offer in terms of sights and history, I could spend the next 50 years and not see everything this great country has to offer. Just enjoy yourselves and don't rush on to the next item on your bucket list.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:37 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzyfit View Post
Didn't really start with a list 5 years ago. The goal was to allow the dogs to water every rock and bush they could find in the lower 48. We've been in all but the New England states and are headed that direction this spring/summer. Every state has so much to offer in terms of sights and history, I could spend the next 50 years and not see everything this great country has to offer. Just enjoy yourselves and don't rush on to the next item on your bucket list.
Those would be my thoughts also.

I know you're going to enjoy New England. After growing up in WV and moving to OR, one of the things I miss most are the fall colors. If you've never experienced this, and it is possible, I would time the visit in order to be there when that happens.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:53 PM   #27

Avation? Tillimook Ore. No kidding! Nice air museum w/ rv park next door. Was a blimp base during WWII. Oshkosh, wow! McMinville! One place I'd like to see is the Beech museum in Tenn.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:57 PM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to MarkandJodie Send a message via MSN to MarkandJodie Send a message via Yahoo to MarkandJodie
My suggestion is get on Amazon and order Reader's Digest Most Scenic Drives in America. A wealth of information including maps and beautiful photography on 120 scenic drives broken down by regions. Best 17 bucks you can spend on an RV travel guide. There is another book by Reader's Digest called Off the Beaten Path. Not as useful as the first book listed, but the title describes it well, hundreds of off-beat, unusual places to see all over the country. Have fun. We just ordered a Phaeton and are counting the days til we can start working on our list too. See you out there!
MarkandJodie is offline   Reply With Quote