Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2017, 05:30 PM   #1

04 Discovery Water tubing??

We have a 04 discovery 39S. I have wondered what the twist water valve is right of the main sink faucet. Its for sure connected to water. (was told by the salesman when we boaght the coach that it was a liquid soap dispenser, NOT)

Under the kitchen sink is a 1/4" diameter tube that comes off the main PEX, goes to a T, off the T to the twist water tap on the sink then runs through the slide flex conduit to the side bathroom duct. I thought someone may know where the heck this tubing runs to????? rather removing the wall board. Its not leaking, just want to know where the heck it runs to if some day it does.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2017, 05:34 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
Insta hot water dispenser? is there a plug under the sink that goes to a heating element?
kgchampagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:01 PM   #3

No Sir, the tubing has no heater inline. My wonder is where it goes when it leaves under the kitchen sink area through the flex conduit for the slide and into the bathroom area.
Every time we use it the water is definitely cold. Strange! under the sink is bot hot and cold water. This must supply something that I cannot see due to being enclosed in the bathroom duct. Maybe a call to FW tech may help.
Thanks for the reply
Old 03-27-2017, 06:56 PM   #4

Are you sure its not for the ice maker/water dispenser on your refergator? Any thing in your plumbing drawings?
Old 03-27-2017, 07:39 PM   #5

I have most electrical drawings but zero plumbing. Great comment on the fridge. The tube would have to be run under the floor across the other side. I'll prove that fact by disconnecting on the fridge and turning on\off the ball valve for the tube under the sink.

Wouldn't have thought they would run across the coach to supply the fridge but seems very probable. Fridge has the same size tubing for the ice maker.

Thanks, great thought
Old 03-28-2017, 03:11 PM   #6

John,
That is exactly where the tubing runs.
Thanks for the info.
George
Old 03-29-2017, 03:07 AM   #7

George,
Good deal. A few months ago, a guy with a 5th wheel parked next to me had had a water leak in his 1/4 inch hose. It ran under the floor several feet from the kitchen sink across to the ice maker on the other side of the kitchen. The leak was caused by pulling out the frig to do something else. He decided to replace the water hose, so we taped the new 1/4 hose to the old hose and gently pulled it through the floor with no problems. Over time this hose gets calcium build up and I need to replace mine at some point. Lucky for me the hose is only 2-3 feet away from the sink connection to the frig and access to the frig ice maker is through the outside inspection cover.

Love this FORUM!

Best regards,
John
Old 03-30-2017, 03:22 PM   #8

John,
Amen on the forum. Yours a rear radiator? congratulations on your retirement in 15. I have two more then I'm a full timer too. (Wife calls me old timer).
Thanks again John, best to you.
George
Old 03-30-2017, 08:07 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This is like the Hot Water pipe under my rear toilet that dead ends there, Then started leaking into the main electrical cabinet....2 weeks to figure out where leak came from and fix.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:56 AM   #10

KF5UMC is close. I have the same on my ''05 Discovery. It is a filtered water dispenser -assuming the cartridge filter is actually in-line under the sink. It also feeds the ice maker, hence the extra filter.
Barkhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discovery, water