Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
04 Fleetwood Fiesta 32ft

We are looking at purchasing a used 8K mile Fleetwood Fiesta 32ft. Any issues of concern on this model? Thank you for your advise. We are new rvers.
antiquelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquelady View Post
We are looking at purchasing a used 8K mile Fleetwood Fiesta 32ft. Any issues of concern on this model? Thank you for your advise. We are new rvers.

Please feel free to ask any general questions that you might have about the Fiesta. There are many owners here of that type of RV and I expect when they see you post they will help you as best as they can.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #3

We have a 2002 Fleetwood Fiesta. I think it was one of their first models. Bought it brand new almost 10 years ago. Have 66k miles on it. Paid $49,500 out the door in Albany, Oregon. It's on a 2001 F53 chassis. No slides or levelers. We've been happy with it. Only minor problems. I do all the maintenance on it, ie., new tie rod, repaired rooftop AC, new board in furnace, new magnatron in microwave oven. Next Wednesday we're going to Santa Cruz, CA for a month from Ocala, FL. On a 7300 mile, two month trip to the west coast last year, towing a 2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtra Cab, averaged 8.55 mpg.
wackymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have an 08 Fiesta, minor issues you'd expect, nothing major at all, great coach.
JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
It's like a less expensive Bounder... The appliances are the same... many systems are the same... We have a few that belong to the Bounder users group on yahoo.
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
04 Fleetwood Fiesta 32ft

Thank you guys. Always nervous when making a big purchase like this. Have tried to research as much as possible, but want to cover all the bases. Just needed to know if any major issues to observe while looking it over. Thanks again.
antiquelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
05 Fiesta 32S

We bought ours from Camping World used by a rental company now out of business in Vegas. I think I got a good deal at $28.5K, 1 and a half years ago. It needed a lot of TLC and had 52K miles on it. We have put another 10K on it. It has been very reliable but then I went through it stem to stern and fixed everything. Put another $6K in it but 5 tires were $2k of that. It is our 1st A class and would never go back to any other class.
We get 9 mpg pulling 1 motorcycle. Retired and never rush anywhere now in it. Makes a great additional bedroom for guests and picnic day trips now that we moved out of the city. Can't use it enough.
I'd buy another Fleetwood especially on the Ford Chassis.
Important! Keep tires at the minimum pressure for the weight your carrying for improved handling and ride comfort.
Fiesta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquelady View Post
In 2004, I believe the GM 8.1 ltr engine Workhorse chasis was the best combo, however, the brake system has been under recall so make sure that the recall has been done recently.
You can check on the Workhose website for info.
If it's a Ford V-10, 20 valve, it will tend to be less efficient and have poorer mpg but is a good combo too.
In 2006 Ford became a better combo vs Gm/Workhorse, in my humble opinion.

Good luck with your decision and,

Steve
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:35 PM   #9

2003 Fiesta

I am a new member and find this forum very helpful. I am looking at a 2003 Fiesta and would like to know if the Workhorse or the Ford chassis is better. Also, what is the best engine/transmission for this year?

Herb
herbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbc View Post
I am a new member and find this forum very helpful. I am looking at a 2003 Fiesta and would like to know if the Workhorse or the Ford chassis is better. Also, what is the best engine/transmission for this year?

Herb

Herb,

It is definitely Workhorse.
8.1 ltr. / 5 speed Allison trans is a bullet proof combo.
Make sure the brake recall on the Fiesta has been completed.

Steve
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:12 AM   #11

Thanls,again, General.

It os on my list of questions to ask.

herbc
herbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:29 AM   #12

Problem with Flooring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackymac View Post
We have a 2002 Fleetwood Fiesta.
I am also looking to buy one, but I'm not sure if it has a problem.

When I look in the small box, under the bed on the drivers side, where the water filter and in/out lines to the water tank is located, I see the plywood flooring stops at the water tank. There is then 1" rigid foam under that part of the tank I can see. I cannot see under the full water tank, so cannot tell how extensive the foam is under the tank. Fleetwood customer service tells me the plywood flooring should go all the way under the tank to the rear pass-through storage compartment. I am concerned that there was water damage, and the tank has been removed, the bad wood cut out, and foam inserted.

Question - could you look where the filter is located and tell me if you see plywood going under the tank, or if you see rigid-foam under that portion of the tank.

Thank you in advance.
gypsydan is offline   Reply With Quote