Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2005, 03:42 AM   #1

I have posted on another forum on this issue and thought I'd give the owners of the above coach a heads up. As you by now know, in '05 model Fleetwood changed to Atwood Levelegs. While on vacation in Santa Fe I entered the roadway from a gravel drive with a full locked left turn. No problem at the time but when I went to my campsite, the dash control panel said my left front jack was deployed. I visually checked and found it fully retracted. I used my flashlight and found the electric motor attached to the leg had been snapped off and the housing was broken. My buddy checked his rig, the 37C and found a tell tale scuff mark at the bottom of the "can" indicating that his tire was rubbing also. I contacted my dealer from Santa Fe and sent him digital pics of the damage and he told me that he's had several coaches with the same problem come in. This past Thursday I took my rig to my dealer to have the jack replaced and the Fleetwood manufacturing team was there to look into this problem. I spoke to them for about 45 minutes and said that this issue was a design flaw and they told me that they think a voluntary recall would be appropriate in order to turn the can around to the rear of the jack to fix the problem. I used it this weekend and it has taken care of it. I don't know if other '05's in other legths are affected but please check behind your left front tire and use a flashlight to see if you have the scuff mark on the electric motor canister. Fleetwood said they are going to recommend a voluntary recall to have dealerships turn the jack around but am not sure when this will happen so document the problem after you check your rig out. Good luck.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!