Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2015, 06:29 PM   #1

05 rev. power loss after long trip

We did Az to Pa and back and my last fill up was just west of Gallup at a place I never used before cause they were the cheapest of the 3.

Since then my get up and go got up and went! The hills I was climbing at 60mph I now can not keep er above 40.
The eng. temp is about 25 degrees higher.

I had it serviced for fridge, tires and toilet issues prior to going on my next trip to NM and back and had the fuel filters changed out with no change in performance.

The last 20 miles of this last trip I was getting a shutter in the trans just prior to a downshift.

I'm at about 48 k and its always been serviced when needed and I had it gone over when I bought it 6 mo ago.

There's about 7000 miles on the oil. 400 HP cat.

Any ideas?

ADT Mesa AZ
AlanTbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2015, 07:35 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If you are not getting any engine codes, I'd change both fuel filters first. I don't have an idea about the temp increase. Maybe try calling the Cat hot line in the morning. They are really helpful.
My engine runs 202-206 consistently, even up hills in lots of heat.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:02 AM   #3

Like I said...DID the filters. Were would I look for codes? That dumb info center? If so I need directions how to use it as there is NO manual on the thing.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:05 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
You may have purchased some bad fuel during your trip? And... safe to assume you've checked the oil in the engine and in the Allison, and your levels are ok??
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:46 AM   #5

Like I said in the beginning. Its been not right since the last tank of the cross country trip. Since then i had the filters changed and have ran 1.5 tanks of fuel through it.

Can someone tell me how pull codes?
Old 08-22-2015, 10:35 PM   #6

Drain tank and Change the filters again by yourself. Sound like you may have gotten some gasoline . Smell the fuel and it might smell like gasoline. Just to make sure its done and right. My 40c Revolution I added cleaner to my tank and have had to change filter 3 or 4 time on one tank of fuel. NOW all is good..
GregOk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:03 AM   #7

engine codes????

Quote:
Originally Posted by krivanj View Post
If you are not getting any engine codes, I'd change both fuel filters first. I don't have an idea about the temp increase. Maybe try calling the Cat hot line in the morning. They are really helpful.
My engine runs 202-206 consistently, even up hills in lots of heat.
so were would I find these codes?

I am a full time caregiver and need to find someone who can work this out. I have a very expensive warrentee that covers everything but tires and light bulbs and there's bound to be ONE compitant RV dealer in PHOENIX VALLEY!

Tags
power