Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
05 Revolution rear slides acting up

last couple of times I've put my bedroom slides out, they been acting a little crazy.

Especially the passenger side. Press the button, no movement. Off the button, press again, an inch, a pause, another 4 inches, a glitchy pause - maybe pauses again, maybe doesn't

Go to bring it in the morning, no movement, switch to the drivers side, no movement.... OPP there's some, slide pauses (drivers) comes in 1/2 way - stops. Toggle the side switch, comes on in. Back to the passenger, it ticks 1/4 inch, stops, toggle again, half way, pause, jittery, then comes on in.

Makes me afraid to open them again!
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Engine running. ?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Jay. Did this just start or has it been doing it for a while? THe fact that it is doing it on more than one slide, leads me to believe that it is NOT a motor or a controller. Have you checked the charge on batteries? Try running the genset for a couple of minutes before starting slide movement. It sound like a voltage problem to me.

Best of luck.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Yup. They require at least 13 volts which is why I asked if the engine was running ( power gear suggests this )

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:13 PM   #5

Jay,
My bedroom slides, especially the passenger side, is very sensitive to voltage. The larger front ones never seem to care as much, perhaps the rear slide motor is undersized.

Like I said, my passenger side rear slide is the real finicky one. Check voltage on your chassis batteries sir!

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bad ground broken wire?
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
All great suggestions.

I am usually, generally, most of the time confused about the order of operations.

The sign by the slide switches says keep engine running, but to also be level. Well the leveling jacks won't operate with the engine running.... sooo.... how dat work??

So normally, I shut off the engine, level with the jacks either connected to shore power or with the genset running, then run the slides out.

I have noticed recently that my voltage on my panel shows a starting voltage of around 12.5 when I go on inversion - but I could swear it used to show 13.xx (13.1, 13.5) from full charge.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #8

Jay,
I park, shut off CAT, press level then operate slides. Cant level with engine running per our equalizer systems setup. You have that right.

I believe the slides operate (nay, am almost certain) off of the chassis not the coach batteries. Your magnum panel shows voltage for coach batteries.

How are your chassis batteries? Try running genset and charging them up?

Chris
Old 09-09-2014, 04:48 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We'll one things for sure we are generator heavy around here. We run it a lot!!
Old 09-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Confirmed with Fleetwood

07 And UP - slide motors run from chassis batteries.
06 and Older - Slide motors operate from house batteries.
Perfectly acceptable to operate on shore power or genset for 06 and older, after leveling.

Each motor has it's own control board, mounted right be the motor, all are identical and can be swapped around.

Next suspect is the switch panel.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #11

Interesting! I thought that since the slides work with the house batteries disconnected via the switch at the door that they ran of chassis. BUT, I recall from a prior thread you had that the slides have fuses in the battery isolator box, which means they likely bypass the disconnect switch.

Like I said, my passenger rear slide is the finicky one, and as much as I like to think it is the swich, my guess has always been voltage. UNFORTUNATELY the switches have wires soldered on which makes troubleshooting them tricky. ALSO, ours has 2 switches, one to select "side" and another for in/out. Since my drivers side always works without fail, I presume there is no way anything is wrong with the in/out switch. "Could" be an issue with the "side" switch I guess.... I would also check connections to the control box to make sure they are secure under the coach.

"FUN"

BTW, got half my windows done this weekend, they look great. See other thread.

Chris
Old 09-10-2014, 11:16 AM   #12

I also have a2005 discovery and had same problem with the same bedroom slides.

all I did after talking to Fleetwood was go to your electrical compartment where the clip plug ins are for your slides,simply unplug the connection and than replug it in do it to all of them make sure they are plugged back in securely,solved my problem just one bad connection
good luck
lacdubonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:23 AM   #13

me again make sure you pull in or extend slides levelling first the unit
also keep motor running better safe than sorry
same unit as you guys have
lacdubonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #14

My 07 Discovery 39v with full slide has the Powergear electric slides. As stated above the slide runs off the chassis battery. Low voltage and starange things start to happen.

I noticed that my hose batteries where not getting charged while underway. Chassis batteies would show 14.1 volts (alternator charging chassis batts) and the house batts showing 12.3

Isolator realy contacts where crispy critter. My o7 has the isolator relay "external" from the Battery Control Center. $65.00 isolator relay and now im back to 100% charging. Now my house batteries get juced up while driving down the road and my Chassis batteries getting charged while connected to shore power (converter).

Life is good!

Keep us posted on the slide issue(s) My 2nd slide, the headboard on the street side has worked w/o issue. I'll tall ya, Power Gear will NOT talk to you. Will quickly refer you to an Authorized dealer, yeah, try & get serice from the dealer during the busy summer months.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide