Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2015, 02:55 PM   #1

'06 Fleetwood Discovery 39S Crank Out Bedroom Window Replacement

Back in 2012 I replace almost all of my windows due to fogging. The one window I replaced in the Bedroom, passenger side is the exit window with 2 smaller crank out windows on the bottom and 1 large window on the top. The problem is the the lower small crank out window (there are 2 on the bottom) has condensation built up in it. I called Fleetwood and they said I can just replaced the crank out window section and do not need to replace the entire window unit.

Has anyone ever replaced one of the crank out sections on this type of window. Just need to know how to remove it. There is 1 screw on either side to disconnect from the hinges but once I do that I don't know how to pop it off.

I've included a picture of the window.

Any assistance would be appreciate.

Thanks,

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Passenger Rear Bedroom Window.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	97985  
Mike R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2015, 10:36 AM   #2

Hi mike
It's fairly easy. Open the window. Then from outside the coach, Remove the screw from the arms (2) at each end. Then gently lift the window further open. As you lift pull out. The Hinge is a curved blade in a slot in the frame. Word of caution, when reinstalling it's hard to tell if it inserted properly. I almost dropped the window thinking it was in the slot. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1435077352.693629.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	98104

gasman936
04 Discovery 39s
gasman936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:06 AM   #3

Gasman,

Thank you very much for your assistance I really appreciate it. I ordered the replacement window through Fleetwood and it sounds like it's a 6 week lead time. Once I recieve it I'll install it. Appreciate the pictures as well.

Regards,

Mike
Old 06-25-2015, 06:07 AM   #4

I'm almost wondering if I should have removed the window and brought it to a local glass shop to repair it!
Old 06-25-2015, 09:16 AM   #5

I tried 3 local glass places in town. None will touch it. They said they could cut new glass and send it out for tempering. But I would have to reassemble it. I bought some repair kit from Dave Root Glass in Oregon and did it myself.

gasman936
04 Discovery 39s
gasman936 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, fleetwood, replace, replacement, window