Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #15

pace arrow mirror issue

I just noticed I said that our coach has two left side mirrors - should have said two right side mirrors.

Does anyone have experience with moving the mirror mounts to the top of the windows - like most bus applications.

Thanks.
piperpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I looked at mounting them on the top also but the same problem arises as to what is under the skin to mount to that would survive over the long term.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #17

pace arrow mirrors

With reference to what is available to mount the mirrors at the top of the window. I took the driver's side mount off to add a half-inch shim. Was expecting to find a substantial structure behind the skin. Much to my surprise the mirror appears to be clinging to the side of the coach by only the thickness of the fiberglass and 1/8th inch - maybe a bit thicker- sheet metal.

A side note: I would be interested in hearing from other Fleetwood owners who have concerns about the safety factor created by Fleetwood's placement of the driver's side mirror. Perhaps others reading this string will respond.

Please let me know if you pursue moving the mirrors up.

Walter
piperpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've got to admit barring the unforeseen I think I'm going to go with just moving it towards the rear where the base of the mount would almost be touching the post by the door. I put a cardboard mark up there and it seems to work well enough.

I'm not totally sure about moving the passengers side back as well but I'm leaning in that direction.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote