Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
'10 Pulse 24D Macerator

Was a macerator a factory option or dealer add on?

A friend recently acquired a 24D and the macerator is not working. There does not seem to be a fuse or CB labeled for this item. Any ideas which circuit this would be on if factory installed?

I realize it is anyone's guess if done by the PO or a dealer.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
A macerator is not listed as standard equipment or any info about having one as an option in the manual: http://fleetwoodrv.com/partsandservi...PULSE_ICON.pdf

Test for 12 v at the wires connected to the macerator, the motor will often 'stall' from something jamming the impeller that chops, purees and pumps the affluent out the hose. If the wires are not energized, use jumper cables to bypass the RV wiring to test if the macerator will work when you do solve the wiring puzzle. When it works, you can slice, dice and make Julienne Fries, although it's a bear to take apart and replace the impeller or clean out. Not hard, just a true Mike Rowe Dirty Job! I dealt with them on boats, since you don't have to pump up to a sewer in an RV, I prefer gravity and a regular sewer hose!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks. I could not find a portion of the wiring that was conducive to probing with a meter, but that is what I attempted. He is taking it to the dealer for a better look. I also did not see a way to manually turn the blade and impeller to free an obstruction. Some have access to turn the shaft with a screwdriver, but that was not evident on this pump.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
If wires, connectors, etc. are completely insulated, you can pierce the insulation with a push pin and test there. If need be, a smear of caulk can seal the pin hole.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
What type of macerator system? Thetford Sani con allows you to turn the impeller?
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not sure of the system manufacturer, but the pump itself is a Shurflo. The pump and on/off switch are mounted in a gray plastic junction box and hard to get to where it has been installed. Using a 90* screwdriver I removed the lid enough to look for loose electrical connections. I felt the back end of the pump for a fitting that would allow a screwdriver or hex head to turn and free a jammed shaft, but could not feel anything.

They headed to Ft Myers and the dealer today. They will get it sorted out.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just to finish this off, I heard that this was a solenoid issue. The dealer also replaced three burned out fuses, but I do not know which they were. If someone has this issue in the future I will check with the Pulse owner for more info.

The solenoid my have been damaged in a low battery voltage situation since the new owners were not yet completely familiar with the RV. Having the engine running to support the battery when activating the slides is a good idea to avoid pulling the voltage down in a high draw activity.