RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #1

Question 12 volt problems

Went to check on my RV today and experienced 12 volt problem.
Opened the door and cut on the 12v Main switch. The steps came out as normal.
Cut on the 12v Aux switch. House lights do not come on. Generator will not start.
Battery test switch shows 12.8 v on Main and nothing on Aux.

Start the engine, wait a few seconds and lights will come on. Generator will start.
With the generator running, the invertor shows a yellow light indicating charging.

The 6 volt batteries were recently replaced. I have confirmed they are connected in series and read 12.9
volts. I looked in the battery control box and found 2-25 amp reset circuit breakers. I hit the reset, but nothing happens. The reset button does not stay in like the reset on a GFI electric outlet.

Iím thinking of replacing the 25 amp Snap Action VB3 circuit breakers, but canít find them.

Open for suggestions on further troubleshooting and/or finding the circuit breakers.

mst0neham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #2

Has your mains switch closed properly, mine is a solenoid system and I can hear it engage and disengage.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
KIX

Even if you can hear the solenoid clicking that doesn't necessarily mean it has connected the two large lug terminals. I would manually bypass the solenoid to verify solenoid is working properly.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:02 PM   #4

Where would the solenoid be and how do I bypass it?
mst0neham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #5
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mst0neham123 View Post
I am not familiar with your particular coach so I don't know where the solenoid is. You could try operating it and locate it by listening to the sound.
To manually connect the solenoid controlled loads just jumper the two large lugs. Use something like car jumper cables.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:36 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mst0neham123 View Post
The solenoid in question is the aux battery disconnect. It is located behind the circuit board in your battery control center box.

HOWEVER, I don't think that's the problem, else the generator would not start after a short period of engine running nor would the lights have come on. The two manually resettable circuit breakers that you found inside the box are probably those for some high current feature like power seats or slides. The circuit breakers (also located somewhere in that box) for the aux batteries are usually in the 30-40 amp range.

Who is the maker of your BCC box? RV-Custom Products or Intellitec?
Old 11-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I think I would check to make sure the inverter is charging the 6 six volts batteries. Your can do this by shutting off the engine and with the generator running check the volting at the batteries using a volt meter (multmeter). Should be 13+ volts when charging. Also how long and why were the 6 volt batteries replaced?

Tags
12 volt