Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2018, 03:18 PM   #1

19 Discovery LXE 44H

Anyone here purchased a 2019 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 44H?
kvhookj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2018, 07:24 PM   #2
UAV

We were going to order one but now we are about ready to order a 2019 40D.

Like them both a lot but we si.ply do not have a place to store a nearly 45' coach.

That said, we cannot find anything that comes close to the more contemporary design of the FW. Except for the Winnebago Horizon, at a much higher price point, nothing comes close.

After side by side comparisons of features, chassis, interior design and electronic goodies it is our opinion that the 40D was for us.

Had we the room and a bit more cash we would have done the 44B or 44H.

I think you will be pleased with one should you decide to get one.
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:51 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We have the Monaco diplomat that is on the same chassis as the discovery 44h. The tag axle makes all the difference. Furthermore, there is only 2.5 feet difference between the 40d and the 44H. While camping recently, the neighbor had a discovery 40d and was telling us how much he regretted not getting tag axle. You also get a larger engine. In my opinion the 40d and similar models are overweight given size and engine capacity. Don't let less than 3 feet change your mind. With the steering tag axle, the maneuverability is not bad.
craighouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:21 PM   #4

Well I did it and pulled the trigger. I pick up the 44H on Friday
kvhookj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:51 PM   #5
UAV

Good for you kvhookj! We just ordered our 40D today. Pick up late September/early October. I will be providing honest and accurate feedback for sure.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:33 AM   #6

No but have a 2018 44H and absolutely love it!
Radarthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:24 PM   #7

2nd that have 2018 44h and it’s perfect for 2 just like a nice condo on wheels.
Paulandapril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:25 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Congrats! You guys are making me think and my DW says that can be harmful to my health....with cast iron skillet in hand!
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:07 PM   #9
UAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvhookj View Post
Well I did it and pulled the trigger. I pick up the 44H on Friday
And so?!

Be great to hear your thoughts...We don't pick up until October.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:11 PM   #10
UAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by craighouston View Post
We have the Monaco diplomat that is on the same chassis as the discovery 44h. The tag axle makes all the difference. Furthermore, there is only 2.5 feet difference between the 40d and the 44H. While camping recently, the neighbor had a discovery 40d and was telling us how much he regretted not getting tag axle. You also get a larger engine. In my opinion the 40d and similar models are overweight given size and engine capacity. Don't let less than 3 feet change your mind. With the steering tag axle, the maneuverability is not bad.
Thanks for the input...Been there with a Tag vs. no Tag, engine size, etc. Not a big deal to me at all and, quite honestly and having driven both, a lot, there isn't that much of a difference to me.

The torque is only 100lbs different between the two engines so I am fine with that as well.

Finally, the additional cost of nearly $60,000 for an extra 2.5 feet was a little steep to me...but it would not fit in our indoor storage so the 40D is the one for us!
Old 08-04-2018, 06:36 PM   #11
UAV

Update: Received a born on date of September 22nd! Pickup scheduled for October 9th. Then, 4300 mile shakedown trip planned.

More soon.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:36 AM   #12

We're looking at this too...

My DW and I used to drive a 2007 Fleetwood Revolution on a Spartan chassis. It was a 40E model and that was our second RV after we bought a smaller one to see if we liked it.

We did!

In 2014 we sold it along with everything else to move to Papua New Guinea as missionary doctors. My wife and I are thriving here, but I keep my eye on the RV situation in the USA.

In about 7-8 years, we are likely to return to the USA. We'll have two daughters in college at that time, hence our plans to return. In the event (hoped for) they are in different colleges a distance apart, our tentative plans are not to buy a house, but try our hand at full timing.

At this time, we've chosen the Fleetwood Discovery LXE with a 44H floorplan or whatever is available in 5-6 years. Five years ago, we towed a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. This time, we hope to tow the same thing, only newer.

I see nothing on this coach that I do not like, but I do wish it had a side radiator like our Revolution had.

Things we hope to see become available in Fleetwood RVs within the next five to six years?

1. I'd like to see the TVs and blu ray players go to 4K. Movies on big (>50") TVs look better in UHD.
2. I like the move to all electric. But I'd like to see a lot more solar panels up on the expansive roof, all that wasted space up there is a shame. We have 20ea 300w solar panels on our roof here in PNG and we generate more power than we can use. We get a check monthly instead of paying an electric bill. It's like free missionary support from God Himself.
3. I'd like to see the genset become slide out-able.
4. I'd like to see the grey water tank capacity increased to 75 gallons. Fifty gallons fills up pretty quickly when you're not in an RV park where you can drain daily.
5. I'd like to see two opposing full-wall slides
6. I'd like to see hide-able bunk beds for those times when entertaining grand-kids, but not be stuck with a bunk-bed coach full-time.
7. I'd like to see a larger convection microwave big enough to fit a frozen pizza.
8. Oh yea, side radiators, not rear radiators.

I'm 55 years old right now, the soonest (God-willing) I may retire from overseas mission work is in 2026. At that time, I'll be in the market for a new or 1-2 year old 40+ foot coach for full timing. Hopefully we can do that until I am no longer fit for such a thing. We hope to provide free medical care in whatever RV park we happen to stay in and learn the finer art of putting "others ahead of ourselves" and sharing God's Word with whomever is willing to listen.

Shout-out to Fleetwood for the switch to AquaHot 400D units, that was a great call. And going from propane to all electric was also a step in the right direction. God gives us free sunshine, so how bout' more solar panels?

Tom Bunnow, MD
Ukarumpa Medical Center
Eastern Highlands Province
Papua New Guinea
Spud75Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, discovery