Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
1983 Fleetwood Pace Arrow interior floor lights

After working most of the day on my AC/DC problems I have at lease got everything working, but I still have a question, I saw what looks like floor light in the hall from the kitchen to the bedroom, I have tried all of the switch and I was unable to see them come on, or at lease I could not tell they are on. Can anyone tell we how to turn these lights on, what switch and where it is, or do them come on with some sort of senor that allow them to come on at night. This is really becoming a learning process.
kartvines is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
There should be two rocker switches on the side of the kitchen cabinet at the door entryway. One powers the outside light, the other powers the floor lights.
You may have an additional light below the doghouse or just behind the front seats.
bigskymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you for your input I do have switches at the at location but they power my roof air conditioner, and what is the doghouse? I will check them all again to verify what I thought I already tested. I also don't know what outside light you are referring to, I only see one, and that is at the door handle, which i have not replaced the bulb yet, to test.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry, every Pace or SW of that vintage I'm familiar with had that switch configuration near the door.
The dog house is above/around the engine.
Glad you got all the rest fixed.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:00 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
bigskymt, Let me check it out again, next week end, I am be incorrect, I only assume they had a single function and that is how they are labeled below the switches, but I will check them again and let you know what I find.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I did find the rocker [they seem to be loose] where you told me they were, but they don't seem to operate anything, I could not locate any thing that came on. I also put a light in the outside door handle and I worked the switch in that assembly and could not get that light to work either so there must be a short or something i guess I will investigate that when it gets cooler.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:10 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
The outside lights were notorious for having bad connections from weather. I think the inside switch worked in conjunction with the switch mounted in the lamp assy.
I have some info on a progressive dynamics contol center that might be same as yours.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:03 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartvines View Post
Thank you for your input I do have switches at the at location but they power my roof air conditioner, and what is the doghouse? I will check them all again to verify what I thought I already tested. I also don't know what outside light you are referring to, I only see one, and that is at the door handle, which i have not replaced the bulb yet, to test.
Pop those switches out by the door and make sure you have 12V power coming in and going out. If not start checking fuses and fuse holders. If the power is OK, then pop out the floor lights and check for 12V at the socket. If no 12V at the socket, check the wiring to the socket. You should have a porch light in addition to the handle light.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:03 AM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the feedback, all of the wiring in and out of my control panel is now up, the black wire is bad but I jumped it and all is good for a while, at least for testing purposes, you said to pop the light out, are you saying with a screw driver they should come out of the wall? If not who are you doing it? As far as another pouch light beside the handle where would that be located? I have yet seen anything that looks like a light on the outside by the door. As far as inromation on the progressive dynamics contol center I have a a four or 5 page booklet on it, is that what you are referring to, or do you have more information than that?
Old 07-21-2010, 06:07 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartvines View Post
Thanks for the feedback, all of the wiring in and out of my control panel is now up, the black wire is bad but I jumped it and all is good for a while, at least for testing purposes, you said to pop the light out, are you saying with a screw driver they should come out of the wall? If not who are you doing it? As far as another pouch light beside the handle where would that be located? I have yet seen anything that looks like a light on the outside by the door. As far as inromation on the progressive dynamics contol center I have a a four or 5 page booklet on it, is that what you are referring to, or do you have more information than that?
The porch light is up high on the lock side of the door, it might be missing. A small screw driver will pop out the floor lights.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #11

our floor lights are operated by a switch by the door the entry step . there are two switches inthe entry way inside the door. the other is for the entry step outside light and light above the two chairs. we replaced the floor cabin light by the bathroom. as far as we found we only have three or four including the entry step light. our outside light works but needs a lens any help on that?thx debbie ;-)
Old 11-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
If you have the Bargman lighted door handle try this link. They carry the lens and switch seperately or sell the entire unit.

https://www.makariosrv.com/products/...th-Switch.html

Tags
pace arrow floor lights