Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2015, 05:53 PM   #1

Question 1997 Fleetwood Pace Arrow

Hello:
Thanks for admitting my wife and I to this form. Fairly new to RVing, but I am mechanically inclined so I want to try to figure out most of issues myself. One issue has me stumped and that is the cruise control. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. We are headed to Tampa Bay in a few weeks for a month and would like to use it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Another forum reader suggested checking vacuum line but I don't think this chassis has one. Someone else recommended coming to a chassis forum so here I am. Look forward to sharing ideas and help. Thanks

Lewdon

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2015, 06:22 PM   #2

Hello and welcome . If you search the threads here or Google , I believe there is a type of pressure switch attached to the brake pedal . If the set up is not right, it can cause issues. This may need an adjustment , or it could be as simple as spraying some contact cleaner on the switch mechanisms to clear away any gunk. I had a 94 pace arrow that the cruise never worked on, and I remember reviewing these areas in my troubleshooting. Someone with better knowledge may chime in too. Good luck

Old 03-01-2015, 11:54 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with a resolution.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:16 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a 82 PA w/454 - 4 barrel P 30 Chassis. Make sure the Lever is set to on, then push the button on the end of the turn single and it should set. I barely have to touch the button on ours and it sets. Do you set it while your foot is on the Pedal? That's how I set mine and then release your foot when it sets.
They can be tricky. The cruise on my caddie is pretty sensitive.
try pushing the lever back and forth a few times and the same with the button.
Have you tried using a can of Air? like for using on your Computer? Give that a shot.
Maybe the previous owner never used it. I know people that don't use it. I use ours all the time, set to the speed limit.
May-be a lose wire?
Try the Vintage Forum on irv2, another good spot to ask.
Good Luck and Welcome
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:28 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What chassis is your PA mounted on?
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:32 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome to IRV2 - It would help to know what chassis you have (Ford, Chevy, etc). When it is not working, play with the cruise control to see if it is a loose/broken wire - if it is on the turn signal move it a little up/down/in/out. If it is intermittent I'm thinking steering column wire/connector/dirty contact.
P.S. The variable control for my windshield wipers is intermittent - always works when I don't need them :>)
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:21 AM   #7

Is your cruise controlled by a multi-purpose switch on the column? Those get pretty flakey when they get old.

Tags
fleetwood, pace arrow