RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #1

1999 Bounder

I was amazed at the number of people who have asked the question, "Where is the fuse box located inside the 1999 Bounder motorhome?" I have questioned my local Fleetwood Dealer and been told, "Yes, Matt. The box is really located on the left side of the steering column under the dash board..!" Since there is no driver's door on my Bounder, it is necessay to remove the driver's seat and rip up the carpeting in the front of the motorhome to get to the fuse box. I cannot believe Fleetwood would not have provided a fairly easy way to access the fuse box.
I plan to trim the carpet around the driver's seat and expose the base so I can get immediate access to the bolts.

Anybody got a better idea?

Matt Devine

mattnanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2011, 11:49 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
...........It's under the hood on the driver side, a black box with a lid which has to be removed. No need cutting carpet inside. Good luck,
David G.

justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:55 PM   #3

Bounder Fuse Box Location

Thanks for the reply. I have found one fuse box under the hood along with a "Battery Control Center", but neither is the box I am looking for. I am told by the Ford manual and by Fleetwood representatives that it is under the dash board along side the steering column. I see a box with lots of wires going in but it doesn't look like a fuse box. And since there is no driver's door, I cannot access it.

mattnanita
mattnanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Matt: I have a 2000 Bounder and the fuse box is under the instrument panel which you lift up and it is right there with a plastic cover on it... Hope this helps..
Old 08-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder4rfun View Post
Matt: I have a 2000 Bounder and the fuse box is under the instrument panel which you lift up and it is right there with a plastic cover on it... Hope this helps..
Same with my 2001 Bounder.
macnkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:54 PM   #6

This is what my manual says

Fuses for the chassis electrical system are located under the
instrument panel. Additional fuses may be located under the
hood. Others may be found in the 12-volt power leads on the
related equipment and accessories.
Bounder Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:17 AM   #7

Our 1999 34J has the fuse box on the firewall under the instrument panel in the right corner. You need to lift up the instrument panel cover which is on a hinge. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:04 AM   #8

Fuse box under dash panel

Does any body have a picture of the fuse box cover that is under the dash panel. My motorhome does not have the cover so I don't know what fuse goes to what. I need to know what fuse is for the lights on the holding tanks and lp gauges. My panel does not work now along with my stove light and fan. I am also having problems with my furnace not starting up when I set temp to heat. Both do not turn on. I checked all the fuses under the hood and above the fridge and found none blown. Any help would be great. Thanks Robert Note . I have checked all the fuses under the panel and found all good. But still have no power to the instrument lights or fan over stove.
Clown2948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:55 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Here a couple of pics of my battery fuse box underneath my dash of my MH. My dash lifts up and on the left hand side is my fuse box. The 2nd. pic shows it better. It took me the longest time on how to figure how to raise my dash, basically just stumbled across it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2499.jpg
Views:	692
Size:	354.0 KB
ID:	158882
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2500.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	356.9 KB
ID:	158883

Plus as mentioned a couple of time, I also have the BCC fuses located on the driver's side in the engine compartment. Amusing and yet confusing.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:55 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown2948 View Post
Does any body have a picture of the fuse box cover that is under the dash panel. My motorhome does not have the cover so I don't know what fuse goes to what. I need to know what fuse is for the lights on the holding tanks and lp gauges. My panel does not work now along with my stove light and fan. I am also having problems with my furnace not starting up when I set temp to heat. Both do not turn on. I checked all the fuses under the hood and above the fridge and found none blown. Any help would be great. Thanks Robert Note . I have checked all the fuses under the panel and found all good. But still have no power to the instrument lights or fan over stove.
If you look closely at the chassis fuse panel you will see imprinted on the face of the panel "see owners manual for fuse locations" All the things you mention are house fuses not chassis fuses. If you do not have the Ford owners manual, call Ford and they will send you one free.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnanita View Post
I was amazed at the number of people who have asked the question, "Where is the fuse box located inside the 1999 Bounder motorhome?" I have questioned my local Fleetwood Dealer and been told, "Yes, Matt. The box is really located on the left side of the steering column under the dash board..!" Since there is no driver's door on my Bounder, it is necessay to remove the driver's seat and rip up the carpeting in the front of the motorhome to get to the fuse box. I cannot believe Fleetwood would not have provided a fairly easy way to access the fuse box.
I plan to trim the carpet around the driver's seat and expose the base so I can get immediate access to the bolts.

Matt Devine
My 1999 Fleetwood bounder has the house fuses in the cabinet over the fridge.
attackgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 08:06 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnanita View Post

Matt Devine
Have you tried lifting the dash on your Bounder? Most of the Bounders of this period had speedometer clusters that were made to lift up.
if it lifts, you may find the fuse panel there. If not, your fuse panel is on a 6 foot wire lead. It is held down by two 2 1/2 inch phillips head screws. Remove the two screws and move the panel to a better location. I did mine on my 1999 Pace Arrow. I installed a CD changer under my dash and it covered my fuse panel. I moved the panel about two feet to clear the changer. A word of caution: there are two plastic spacers on the screws. You MUST use them in the new installation. If not the screws will crack the panel. Also, do not over tighten.

Tags
bounder