Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2017, 07:29 PM   #1

Exclamation 1999 Bounder 34V, House battery not charging.

Hello All,

I'm new here and new owner of 1999 Fleetwood Blounder 34V. I have a problem. I realized that shoreline power not charging my house battery now. I check the voltage from battery and it is Zeor now.

--house battery, it seems completely dead now

I thougt my converter is problem and installed new one (Inteli-Power 9100 Converter/Charger). I have 13V out from it.

What Should I check ?
When I check the battery, It says "0". I don't thinks output from converter comes to house battery. Is there cut off switch that I'm missing?

Any Fuse ?

I really appreciated all your comments.
scottysf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2017, 08:29 PM   #2

Hi There

I am new to this as well but had the exact same experience. I have a 2001 Bounder 31W and my converter was not charging the house batteries. After some investigation (no thanks to any of the manuals) I found the coach master battery shut off (above our door) has to be on for the converter to charge the house batteries. Worked perfect, I now get 13.4 volts float to the house batteries.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:47 PM   #3

Hi Eric,
Thank you for your reply. I turn the battery shut off swiitch to on last night, but battery was not charged at all. I got 0 v from house battery even my rv commected to 110v. My meter read 13 v from converter output but the voltage power don't come thru battery side. Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricV View Post
Hi There

I am new to this as well but had the exact same experience. I have a 2001 Bounder 31W and my converter was not charging the house batteries. After some investigation (no thanks to any of the manuals) I found the coach master battery shut off (above our door) has to be on for the converter to charge the house batteries. Worked perfect, I now get 13.4 volts float to the house batteries.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:13 AM   #4

You have a Intellitec power box in the front under the "hood" with solenoids that allow both batteries to charge and connects to other things including 12 volt fuses. In all probability, the solenoid has gone bad. A battery that reaches 0 volts for some time is in need of replacement. It may never come back. Chuck
chuckbear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:12 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottysf View Post
Hi Eric,
Thank you for your reply. I turn the battery shut off swiitch to on last night, but battery was not charged at all. I got 0 v from house battery even my rv commected to 110v. My meter read 13 v from converter output but the voltage power don't come thru battery side. Hmmm
Chuckbear is correct, your house batteries may not recharge at all if they have been dead for some time.

There is a Battery Control Center box (located on the outside firewall behind the front grill) on the drivers side. In this box are your disconnect and charge solenoids. At the bottom of the box there are two DC circuit breakers that may be tripped. Depress the little black plungers to reset the breakers. They look like this.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #6

Problem solved. Thank you so much checkbear.

My battery is brand new, hopely get t chaged now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbear View Post
You have a Intellitec power box in the front under the "hood" with solenoids that allow both batteries to charge and connects to other things including 12 volt fuses. In all probability, the solenoid has gone bad. A battery that reaches 0 volts for some time is in need of replacement. It may never come back. Chuck
Old 01-29-2017, 12:16 PM   #7

Thank you for your advise. It was kind of had to find that, becase I had another solenoid out side of box in white color, and 2 more at the bottom inside of box with black color. wheN i reset white one, did not happen anything, but when I reset 2 black one, I could see something changed. Thank you.

Now I only have probem with slide out Hydruaric system, If you can help out on that that will be great as well. I will leave link for that post.

Cheers,
Old 01-31-2017, 05:27 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Thank you for your advise. It was kind of had to find that, becase I had another solenoid out side of box in white color, and 2 more at the bottom inside of box with black color. wheN i reset white one, did not happen anything, but when I reset 2 black one, I could see something changed. Thank you.

Now I only have probem with slide out Hydruaric system, If you can help out on that that will be great as well. I will leave link for that post.

Cheers,
The breaker on the outside of the box (mine is actually to the right of the box, on a frame upright support) is for the slide out. Check it for voltage.

OOOOPS!! I just read your slide post, and see that it is not an electrical problem.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:51 PM   #9

Hi There,
I need to open this post again, because I just realized that RV doesn't charge Chassis Battery now. I resetted 2 solenoid and confirm that I have 13 volts out (red to solenoid, black to the other black thick cable in the box). that means system works fine ?

WhenI check theck the battery, it read only 10v now. If there's 13v to charge the battery, I should read 13v from battery voltate test right ?

Is there anything that I'm missging from fuse box ( where solenoid is) to chassis battery ?

thank you again.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:14 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Double check batteries to ensure they are installed properly. On shore power, check the voltage at the battery cables (not the battery post). Should be 13-14 volts. If it is check the volts on the battery posts.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:11 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Hi There,
I need to open this post again, because I just realized that RV doesn't charge Chassis Battery now. I resetted 2 solenoid and confirm that I have 13 volts out (red to solenoid, black to the other black thick cable in the box). that means system works fine ?

WhenI check theck the battery, it read only 10v now. If there's 13v to charge the battery, I should read 13v from battery voltate test right ?

Is there anything that I'm missging from fuse box ( where solenoid is) to chassis battery ? thank you again.
Scotty, I'm going to take the chance that you can read and follow the procedures and diagrams in this file (or can find someone with the skill and patience to help you understand it).

Here is a link to all the info you need to find your problem.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bounder View Post
Scotty, I'm going to take the chance that you can read and follow the procedures and diagrams in this file (or can find someone with the skill and patience to help you understand it).

Here is a link to all the info you need to find your problem.
Hi There,

It's been so busy for my work,I'm trying to make some time for my hobby next week. I checked the link form your post, and I think it is not available anymore. could you res re post the link for me Please ?
Old 04-02-2017, 07:53 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Hi There,

It's been so busy for my work,I'm trying to make some time for my hobby next week. I checked the link form your post, and I think it is not available anymore. could you res re post the link for me Please ?
This link should work.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bounder View Post
Awesome, thank you so much.

Tags
battery, bounder, charging