Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2019, 04:51 PM   #1

1999 Fleetwood Bounder H Model

I received a 1999 fleetwood bounder h model when my father passed x mass eve. The fernce worked a month ago now it does not. I know it has a auto igniter. I have no idea ware it is located at. I found the igniter for water heater but am stumped on the furnce. I have gas, no fan comes on when I put thermostat up.i included 2 pics one is the thermostat which controls the front and back of motor home separately. There are two lights at bottom of thermostat one is green it says on the other is red it says shed I have no idea what shed means. I believe the furnace would work off gas or eletfic, but I'm not sure .csn any point me in the right direction to ware the igniter is located. The second pic is what I believe is the controller for heat and their conditioning but not sure of that dthet any help would be much appreciated..
Up247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2019, 05:02 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Most RV furnaces only run on propane. Make sure your tank contains propane, and the valve is open. The thermostat will switch from one furnace to the other once the temp is reached. The water heater has an about 18" square outside door on it, and the furnace covers are about 9" X 18". Good Luck in finding your problem. Eddie Elk.
1998 Pace Arrow Vision 36' w/460, '03 Honda CRV, FMCA #388823, Gateway Getaways RV Club
eddieelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:02 PM   #3

First off
So sorry about your loss.

Try to find manuals that your father may have had.

You can also download them if you cant fund the originals.

Study the manuals.

Someone will respond that has your system.

Good luck

Happy camping
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:04 PM   #4

Pictures???
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:16 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Your Bounder may be similiar to my Southwind. Here is a link to the Southwind operation manual, It should answer many of your questions.

http://1999southwind.com/DOWNLOAD/1999_SOUTHWIND.pdf\

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:13 PM   #6

Here is a pic of the control unit
Old 01-10-2019, 06:19 PM   #7

Here are pics

Sorry did not know pics did not upload. I got them to now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1FCF9B34-0D2A-4998-918B-DC92DC0B5E7A.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	380.5 KB
ID:	231570   Click image for larger version

Name:	442C3A2D-2D3C-4431-A27E-4EDF60D1B7C2.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	231571  

Old 01-11-2019, 03:46 AM   #8

I’m very sorry for your loss. There is alot to learn about your Bounder. I’m sure you feel an emotional attachment since it was your Dad’s.

I’m guessing you have Atwood furnaces.

The furnace igniter is inside each furnace. It’s not easily accessible

There are probably 3 access doors on the exterior of your coach - 1 has a spring loaded rotating lock - that is the water heater.

The other 2 have 4 screws each. They’re your furnaces.

I’m guessing you have a 30 amp system. In shed mode, the system diverts power between the front and rear rooftop AC units

The thermostat triggers a delay relay in each furnace. Those go bad and can be replaced.

Each furnace has a control board Pull the covers off and follow the wires. The board is probably to the left. They go bad too.

Each furnace has a 12 volt blower motor. They go bad. Reach in and rotate the squirrel cage fan on the motor. If it’s seized or hard to spin it’s probably bad

Once you open the furnace cover, look for the make and model of your furnace and then start Googling. You will find helpful videos

There should be a 5 volt fuse for the furnaces - the fuse panel may be in the cabinet with the ECC shown in your photo.

On my coach one furnace had a bad motor and the other furnace had a bad delay relay. Neither worked but the problem wasn’t the thermostat, ECC or igniter.

If you have a voltmeter turn the thermostat to heat mode, set it to 80 degrees and check voltage on both sides of the relay. If the relay is bad, no voltage is getting to the motor and the igniter isn’t being triggered.

Mud daubers and other bugs nest inside the furnace. Debris gets inside.

You may need to clean them out. If the air flow is diminished by the debris, the furnace will shut down.

If you’re handy, you might want to pull the motors out. There is a device inside the motor housing called a sail switch- it’s triggered by the force of the furnace fan air. Sail switches go bad and get debris on their blades that keep them from working.

If your patient, you can figure this out.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up247 View Post
I received a 1999 fleetwood bounder h model when my father passed x mass eve. The fernce worked a month ago now it does not. I know it has a auto igniter. I have no idea ware it is located at. I found the igniter for water heater but am stumped on the furnce. I have gas, no fan comes on when I put thermostat up.i included 2 pics one is the thermostat which controls the front and back of motor home separately. There are two lights at bottom of thermostat one is green it says on the other is red it says shed I have no idea what shed means. I believe the furnace would work off gas or eletfic, but I'm not sure .csn any point me in the right direction to ware the igniter is located. The second pic is what I believe is the controller for heat and their conditioning but not sure of that dthet any help would be much appreciated..
FCoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:27 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
The LEDs indicate the status of the Furnace (Green = ON) and/or the status of the A/C units, it appears from the control panel, you have one furnace and two A/C units..

The Green LED indicates the furnace or A/C is ON.

SHED - Normally associated with shore power. Its indicating that the A/C unit is ON, but it is currently disabled, "SHED", because there is to much current being drawn on your shore power connection. i.e. the ECC will automatically shed loads to prevent the shore power connection from being overloaded.

Quote:
The fernce worked a month ago now it does not.
On the control panel, select HEAT and set both thermostats all the way to 90. You may hear a faint click sound coming from the control unit (not the control panel) as the relay pulls in.

A few seconds later, the furnace blower should start. It will run for about 5-10 seconds, then you should hear a distinct CLICK from the furnace, this will be the gas valve opening. You'll hear a distinct roaring sound if the gas ignites.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:33 AM   #10

Following. I'm having the same issues with my pace arrow and from what I've read, pace arrow and bounder models are identical.
eyeeevin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1999, fleetwood, bounder