Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2018, 03:11 PM   #1

2 separate questions from new owner

I'm still learning about this 2008 pacearrow I bought a few weeks ago and a couple things I still don't know.

1) today I put leveling jacks down but this time when it completed I got 3 beeps pause, 3 beeps, pause, etc etc. Kept going. I lifted the jacks back up and everything was fine. I didn't set them back down again though.
It hasn't done this before the 4-5 times I've used the jacks.

I know it could be getting low on fluid. Where is this usually located (to check and fill)?

2) We may be going to the desert with no hookups and it will get chilly. I'm assuming the heater works off the propane but the fan must run also. Can this be done with the house batteries and if so, will it last all night?
DaltonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2018, 04:22 PM   #2

Regarding #1
Get the manual for the jacks and find out what the codes/beeps are telling you, check the fluid levels.

Regarding #2
The furnace fans are 12 vdc and operate from the house batteries. It should last several nights if you have the thermostat set to 68 or so and depending on your state of charge, battery condition etc. Monitor your 12 vdc house voltage and charge as required. Also testing them before you leave is a great idea too! Have fun.
Old 12-16-2018, 04:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KF5UMC View Post
Regarding #1
Get the manual for the jacks and find out what the codes/beeps are telling you, check the fluid levels.

Regarding #2
The furnace fans are 12 vdc and operate from the house batteries. It should last several nights if you have the thermostat set to 68 or so and depending on your state of charge, battery condition etc. Monitor your 12 vdc house voltage and charge as required. Also testing them before you leave is a great idea too! Have fun.
ok on #2, got it, thanks.

For the leveling jacks, I've read the manual and no mention of beeps. It really just goes over flashing lights which I didn't pay much attention to at the time. I'll have to try it again and see if the error occurs. It all seemed to work fine, just had this beeping at the end. The retracted just fine.
DaltonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 09:55 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I tested my heater in the following way.

First step was blower motor power. With an ammeter inline and heater running, the heater alone drew about 11A.

2nd step was to see how often and for how long the furnace would run. My RV is already winterized but I spent a night in it parked next to the house and noted the times it turned on and off, set to 68F with the outdoor ambient being about 30F. Turned out it ran about a 38% duty cycle over a 12 hour period. So any given hour that's about 23 minutes or so.

3rd step was to see how much propane it used. I ran the heater every night and shut it off before I went to work one week. I monitored the propane tank levels and for 12 hours run time, set for 68F with nominal ambient temperature of 30F I got 3 days per quarter tank of propane.

So knowing these things I've got a pretty good idea how long I can go on a given amount of propane and battery power. Characterizing your power converter charge rate would then tell you how long to run a genset (or how much sunshine for solar) you'd need to bring the batteries back up for a given amount of heater operation.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Mark_K5LXP is offline   Reply With Quote