Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2017, 12:10 PM   #1

2000 American Tradition no shore power when plugged up

Hi I am new to the forum and in need of help on my 2000 American Tradition when I am plugged up to shore power have no AC power to it if I crank up Gen all is fine.After some research I am suspecting Transfer switch but I can't locate it on my Coach shouldn't it be under bed close to Inverter? I have double checked power at shore receptacle and through surge box all is good there. Any help would be appreciated!!!
Don Harger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2017, 12:14 PM   #2

The transfer switch should be at the end of your shore cord. That's the first place it needs to go.
Look wherever that comes in.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:37 PM   #3
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
My transfer switch is located in the shore power cord compartment

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:52 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
If you don't find it in the shore power cord compartment check behind the 120 volt breaker panel - that's where it is on mine (which is a totally different make, model and year than yours, so this may not be at all helpful).

And just because you don't have power, don't be thinking that there is not power ANYWHERE. It would be prudent to unplug shore power and turn off the generator before digging too deeply looking for this.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:42 PM   #5

having checked the two suggestions above it is not in vicinity of 120 breaker panel and not in power cord compartment power cord terminates with a big round plug with threaded ring to secure it. Any more suggestions appreciated
Don Harger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:49 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Welcome to irv2.
What is directly behind or above that "big round plug " ?
My Bounder had the same plug and it was located under the area of a few drawers. The transfer switch was under one of those draws.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, shore power