RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2018, 07:15 PM   #1

2000 Bounder 39Z- 12DC Source for Rear Wireless Digital Camera

Good Evening:

We have a 2000 Bounder 39Z 5.9 L Cummins diesel pusher on a Freightliner chassis.

Iím replacing the single factory wired rear view camera with a 4 - camera digital wireless system. 2 new cameras will be mounted high in the rear where the existing single camera is mounted- one looking down at the toad and the second rearwards with distance lines.

The new rear cameras require + 12 volts DC PLUS ground. The existing camera draws power through the coax signal wire No 12VDC connection to the existing camera exists.

I donít want to tap the clearance or tail lights as a 12VDC source as I want the cameras to work when the lights are off.

I prefer tapping a 12VDC source that is tied to the ignition circuit so the cameras are only on when the engine is running and I donít risk battery drain.

To my knowledge, there is no existing 12 VDC source on the ignition circuit inside the rear of the coach near the bedroom but I know one or more suitable sources are available beneath the bed where the 5.9 Cummins lives.

Questions:

1. Is there a 12VDC circuit tied to the ignition in the 12 volt fuse panel in the hall utility closet across from the bath room?

2. If YES, is there a way to fish the wire through the ceiling to the rear cabinet over the bed where stock camera is mounted on the exterior?

3. If NO, which wire or connection on the ignition circuit of the 5.9 Cummins diesel should I tap at or near the engine?

4. Does a ďbest practiceĒ for this exist?

Thanks to all in advance and Happy Holidays!

FCoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2018, 08:55 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Use the existing coax as you 12 Volt supply.. You should be able to find ignition switched 12 volt in the front of your coach. Coax if just wire, use it.

Richard

3 Years Wheel & Track Mechanic US Army. 11 Years Automotive Mechanic. 12 Years Operating Engineer Interstate Brands. 3 Years Job Shop Machinist. 11 Years Chief Engineer INX International. 10 Years RV Mobil Repair Owner operator.
RLS7201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:37 PM   #3

Thanks Richard
FCoover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, camera