RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2015, 01:01 PM   #1

2002 1/2 Fleetwood Fiesta

I've two issues with my new to me 2002 fiesta. The manual states the chassis battery will charge with the coach bat on converter shore power and the water tank can be filled by gravity or city depending on a valve position. After dissecting both systems there is no way either is true. 2002 appears to be the first fiesta year. On a hunch I read the 2003 manual. Ah ha, guess I'll need to carry two manuals now. 😩anyone one else seen this? Assume this would have been to reduce cost?
Feel like a dog that's been chasing it's tail for two weeks on the electrical with Lou in tow.

Rick_NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2015, 02:39 PM   #2

I have a 2005 Fleetwood Fiesta (with a 2004 manual). Spent a lot of time looking for that "water valve", and finally found out, with help from this site, that the Fiesta's water tank only fills with the gravity feed. The fine print in the manual does state that options may vary from one model to the other, and I think the manual covers the Terra as well as the Fiesta.

Can't help with the electrical. I always assumed that the converter only charged the coach batteries.

terryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:04 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Fiesta - 2004

I have a 2004 Fiesta on a Workhorse P32 chassis. The owners manual is for both the Fiesta and the Terra and often is very misleading. This is a "No Frills" coach so it only fills by gravity. I have yet to find the "low point" drain in the water system. It's not where the book says it is. Can you help.
JoefromCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:11 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
To Rick NH

On your 1st problem, both batteries will charge from shore power if you engage the switch on the far left of the instrument panel. On the Workhorse Chassis, in the down position a green light will come on and both are engaged. You can also use the house batteries to start the engine in a pinch. If you are running the generator with this switch engaged, it will shut down when the engine is started. Hope this helps with 1 thing the manual doesn't discuss very well if at all.
JoefromCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:22 AM   #5

While looking for the nonexistent valve to switch between gravity and city fill I found a valve next to the water pump. One way city fill water fed the system the other the city water drained to the ground. This is the low point drain.
In the 02 fiesta it's under the bed with the water pump, water tank drain and low point drain.
Hope it helps
Rick_NH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood