Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2015, 08:09 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
2004 Pace Arrow Leather Ceiling Sag

I have been full timing in my 2004 Pace Arrow 35G for 11 years now and love it.
The coach has been very reliable. Seeing that I live in Palm Springs, of course I have gone thru 6 AC units, but everything else is doing great! The problem I have is a sagging section of my leather ceiling. Any ideas on where to take it? Or a self fix? I can't imagine they would have to remove the entire panel. Let me know.

Thanks
Harlan Snyder
HSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2015, 09:12 AM   #2

Sounds like the glue holding the material to the backing has dried out and let go.
Could be you'll have to look into having someone in, to inject fresh glue with a needle through the material and roll smooth, if no stretching has taken place.

Inquire at local upholstery shops , to see if they do mobile repairs.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:33 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with your situation.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:02 AM   #4

I have a 2005 Pace Arrow with a sagging ceiling as well. My service guy says that he'll have to pull the ceiling material back to where it is still properly attached and then use a spray adhesive to reattach it and smooth it out like putting wallpaper on a ceiling. He's been putting off the job for a while because it's a finicky job that takes considerable time to do right, and he's so busy with other client's more critical issues at present. One day he'll get to it and I'll report on the progress.
The ceiling's condition has not progressed any in the last year, so hopefully it'll stay put until he can fix it.
EasyPace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:35 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
(95% of the time, it is the foam backing between the material and the fiberboard. The foam starts to dissolve (it just turns to powder). The material sags. Respraying with glue does nothing, because the glue will not stick to powder. You can clean all the powder and glue the material to the board, but it is hard to get a smooth look without the foam.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:26 AM   #6

That doesn't sound too promising! No wonder he doesn't want to rush into the job. I hope that it hasn't progressed so far that it's not repairable.
EasyPace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, ceiling, pace arrow