Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2015, 05:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by meant2shop View Post
Hi again: We're still in the process of purchasing an '06 Pace Arrow 37C. Almost there, but would appreciate hearing from owners of this same rig to answer following questions we have re the rig we're purchasing:

1) Due to some imperfections we saw in the dash vinyl, we've asked the dealer to remove and replace the entire strip of affected vinyl with same or close to same color/type of vinyl. Dealer has warned us that "this rig is known to have a squeaky dash when driving". Is this TRUE?
It doesn't squeak at all rt now (we took rig for test drive). They are warning us that doing the vinyl replacement, by removing the dashboard and reinstalling, this could result in a squeak we didn't have before and they don't want to be responsible should that be the case. We feel they should do the job right, test drive, and fix if there's a squeak. Thoughts?

2) The rig has a blk 4dr Norcold 1210 fridge, no icemaker. We are replacing with a stainless 1210imss (4 Dr stainless with icemaker), which dealer will install (no charge as icemaker was a deal breaker for wife). Anyone have the Norcold 1210imss model and do you like it? Any problems?

3) Lastly, how many electrical outlets are in the living/kitchen/dining areas and where are they located? Is there an outlet below the the glass cabinet? (Is the cabinet lighted inside and if so where is light switch for it?). I can see need for one if using the foldout table there for a coffemaker. Is there an outlet near the sofa, recliner, and/or dining table? We somehow forgot to check for where the outlets are located in this area. We know there's add'l ones in the bedroom but somehow failed to note those in forward area of kitchen/living and dining room.

We have an 05 PA 37C are dash is not squeaky at all. I think the issue will be for them to get the dash pad off to recover will be a pain in the ass.We have/had an issue where our dash seemed to be bouncing alot when hitting road cuts to the point where the a-pillar plastic covers have cracked.I wanted to change the aluminum dash supports to 1/4" square tube, the dash pad is screwed too tabs welded to the frame work under the dash from the bottom and I had a very difficult time getting to the screws.I wanted to remove the dash pad but couldnt figure out how to get it loose by the windshield.so I am assuming it is a PIA and they dont want the hassle and I dont blame them, maybe they would know more but thats my observation.

3rd question........ the cabinet has 2 lights in it and the switch is right around the corner in the hall. 2 switches one for the cabinet and 1 for the hall lights.There is not a plug under the table but there is one on the left side of the cabinet under the pull out shelf that is there. we have the booth and there is on e wall plug there, there is plugs in the cabinet bottoms, no other ones in walls other than one on the back wall of counter by stove.We never ran out of outlets that I recall LOL

2nd question we have a 2 door fridge with Ice make so know nothing of what your getting.

If you need any other info just ask
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2015, 01:50 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
'06 Pace Arrow 37C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Sounds Micky Mouse but I've been thinking if I ever had to replace mine I would cut the material out in place and get a suitable piece of wood cut to size, lay a piece of foam on it then cover it with the outer cover and secure the material to under the board then glue the whole thing in place.

I would not be able to put up with cuts or cracks there.

Just another thought you are talking about the soft cover between the plastic type dash and the front plastic with defrosters?
Yes, JohnRR, I am talking about the soft cover part of the dash. It has two small, but noticeable cuts/cracks plus some small circle indentations like the previous owner sat something heavy on this part of the dash for some time, leaving the indentations. I noticed rt away when first looking at inside of rig. First the dealer had his "leather repair" guy put a dab of some type of leather/vinyl sealant on the cuts but they were still noticeable along with those circle indentations which he couldn't fix. We said we wanted the soft vinyl replaced or no deal. We're concerned that their leather guy has never replaced the soft dash vinyl before this. I think they're worried about what the finished job will look like as well as will the dash squeak.

Thanks for your help,
Jim and Susan
Merlin OR
meant2shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:14 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
'06 Pace Arrow 37C

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCarillon View Post
We have an 05 PA 37C are dash is not squeaky at all. I think the issue will be for them get the dash pad off to recover will be a pain in the ass.We have/had an issue where our dash seemed to be bouncing alot when hitting road cuts to the point where the a-pillar plastic covers have cracked.I wanted to change the aluminum dash supports to 1/4" square tube, the dash pad is screwed too tabs welded to the frame work under the dash from the bottom and I had a very difficult time getting to the screws.I wanted to remove the dash pad but couldnt figure out how to get it loose by the windshield.so I am assuming it is a PIA and they dont want the hassle and I dont blame them, maybe they would know more but thats my observation.

3rd question........ the cabinet has 2 lights in it and the switch is right around the corner in the hall. 2 switches one for the cabinet and 1 for the hall lights.There is not a plug under the table but there is one on the left side of the cabinet under the pull out shelf that is there. we have the booth and there is on e wall plug there, there is plugs in the cabinet bottoms, no other ones in walls other than one on the back wall of counter by stove.We never ran out of outlets that I recall LOL

2nd question we have a 2 door fridge with Ice make so know nothing of what your getting.

If you need any other info just ask
PCarillon: Great info; thanks so much!
Re electrical outlet locations: You said there is a plug to the left of the lighted cabinet under the pullout shelf - are you referring to the wooden flip up table/counter next to the cabinet when you say "pull out shelf"? I'm hoping that's the case as that flip up table seems like a great spot for a coffeemaker, but only if there's an outlet very nearby.

Also, what is the make; model, year, dimensions, and cubic ft of your 2 door fridge with icemaker? Is . Yours black or stainless on the outside? If that model fits in an '06 37C as well, it might be a few dollars less than the stainless 4 door w/icemaker we're considering buying. I would think a 2 door, even with the icemaker, may have a larger freezer than a 4door model, which splits the freezer into two sections and it appears the icemaker takes up most if not all of one of the two freezer compartments.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:46 PM   #18

I will be out checking on our MH tomorrow.Its in storage I will get you the model number of our fridge

Here is a picture of our fridge and also the lighted cabinet.You see on the left side of the cabinet the black thing sticking out of the side between the doors and the table.That is a pull out shelf, there is an outlet just under it.

here is another pic you can see the outlet on the side of the lighted cabinet

Old 01-30-2015, 07:14 PM   #19

Our Fridge is a Dometic NDR 1292 which is no longer available new
Old 01-31-2015, 09:25 AM   #20

Quote:
Same frig we have in our 06, 36D. Lots of space, but have never used ice maker.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:57 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
'06 Pace Arrow 37C

Quote:
PCarillon: Thanks for very helpful info.
Didn't even know that shelf and outlet were there! We somehow missed looking in that area after inspecting the refrigerator and discovering it didn't have an icemaker.

How deep and wide would you estimate the pullout shelf is - enough room for a coffeemaker?

Like your fridge. Too bad it's no longer available new.

Thanks again - been so helpful. Have a great day.

Jim and Susan
Merlin OR
Old 01-31-2015, 11:05 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
'06 Pace Arrow 37C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
So, just curious - do you use ice cube trays or keep a bag of ice in an ice chest?
DW insists fridge must have an icemaker.

Thanks

Jim and Susan
Merlin OR
Old 01-31-2015, 11:05 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
You got me interested in these pace arrows. How to do they pull? My tow car is light at 3000 lbs + I generally carry another 1000 lbs of gear.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:11 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
So, just curious - do you use ice cube trays or keep a bag of ice in an ice chest?

Thanks

Jim and Susan
Merlin OR
I think you might find out that the water at some campsites..... isn't ice worthy.

We always used ice cube trays with bottled water, and if we needed a lot of ice, we bought bagged ice.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:15 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
You got me interested in these pace arrows. How to do they pull? My tow car is light at 3000 lbs + I generally carry another 1000 lbs of gear.
I use mine to pull my race car on a 20ft open deck trailer.I also loaded a 4 wheeler on the front of the trailer.I would say I am pulling around #6500-7000lbs. MY Pace pulls everything just fine we also used a tow dolly pulling our at the time 2006 Monte Carlo with absolutely no issues.Its a very nice coach
Old 01-31-2015, 03:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
We use our Ice maker all the time.I love the convenience.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:26 PM   #27

Quote:
PCarillon: Thanks for very helpful info.
Didn't even know that shelf and outlet were there! We somehow missed looking in that area after inspecting the refrigerator and discovering it didn't have an icemaker.

How deep and wide would you estimate the pullout shelf is - enough room for a coffeemaker?

Like your fridge. Too bad it's no longer available new.

Thanks again - been so helpful. Have a great day.

Jim and Susan
Merlin OR
I dont know the dimensions to be exact... I believe the shelf is also as deep as that cabinet is wide. We used teh shelf for our 4 slice toaster so depending on how big of a coffe maker you have you could possibly set it there
Old 01-31-2015, 03:30 PM   #28
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

Thanks

Jim and Susan
Merlin OR
Do you drink the water from your holding tank?
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post

My MKX is around 4500lbs and I never think about it back there weight wise.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pace arrow