Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #1

2007 American Eagle Dust Problem

I recently purchased a used 2007 American Eagle 42V. Anytime I drive down a dusty dirt road, the inside of the RV immediately fills with airborne dust front to back. This is with All 3 rooftop A/Cs running and the dash A/C on or off. All doors and windows shut, vent fans off and shut. Where should I start looking for air leaks? I feel like the RV fills with dust before the dust level even reaches the roof, so I don't think it's roof A/C related.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #2

We run the dash AC on the max setting with the fan on low, this kinda (pressurises) the cabin to keep out some of the dust. You might have a slideout seal folded or not sealing. Also check the removable floor section under the bed for leaks. Keep us posted with your results please.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #3

Also check the seal around your refrigerator.

If you have an absorption fridge the back and ceiling vents are open to the outside. If the seal around the fridge is leaking, lots of dust from the outside could get in.

If aftermarket residential fridge(i.e., someone replaced the absorption unit with residential) look to see if the roof vent and access door vent are sealed.

If factory installed residential... you should have no leakes(no fridge vents).
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
WHEN TRAVELING ON DUSTY ROADS YOU WANT TO PRESSURIZE YOUR
MOTORHOME WITH CLEAN OUTSIDE AIR TO PREVENT THE DUST FROM BEING DRAWN IN THRU (SMALL OPENINGS)

You want the ceiling vents closed and the DASH Heater/Air Conditioning SET ON FRESH OUTSIDE AIR and the HIGHEST FAN SPEED WILL GIVE THE MAXIMUM BENEFIT

The maximum setting usually means RECIRCULATING the same dusty AIR over & over

Driving on a dusty road following other vehicles
Dwight
1995 F53 35U Bounder, Wide Body-Large Vertical Windows-NO SLIDES, Front Axle-Davis Tru-Trac Bar, Rear Axle-SuperSteer Trac Bar, TowBar/Brake System-NSA ReadyBrute Elite, Family Motor Coach Association F 513--F 513s MotorHoming since 1952
Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
If you have a slide out generator in the front, slide it out and check the seal of the coach that is behind the gen.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
If you have a slide out generator in the front, slide it out and check the seal of the coach that is behind the gen.
I'm confused, what seal?
Old 05-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Sorry, maybe a poor choice of words. On my coach, there are many misc wires, lines, hoses, etc that run through what would be the fire wall on a car or pick up, into the coach. You can see them by sliding the generator full forward and stepping into the space between the back of the gen and the fire wall. Several were not very well sealed, making it very drafty in the two front seats.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #8

I just run the dash on "vent" or "Normal A/C" which opens the fresh air flap and turn the fan on high and that usually does the job. "MAX A/C" won't help.

If your roof ACs have any form of air exchange from inside to outside, then they are part of the problem.
If you run with a bathroom vent slightly open then that too is not helping.

Shut any interior doors and see if that confines the dust to one room and then you know where to look. I had dust coming up the rear cap and into the bedroom through gaps at the back of the bedside cupboards and past the ends of the bed platform hinge.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #9

In a American Coach, max is fresh air.