Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2017, 05:34 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
2007 Bounder AC X 2

Maybe this question is answered in an old thread, but we can't find it in a7 search.

We have a 2007 Bounder 35E WH chassis which is new to us. It has 2 AC units that seem to work by the thermostat. The problem is that they work one at a time. Either zone 1 which seems to be front or zone 2 rear.

We are going to FL for our maiden trip and want both on at same time. How do we get them both to cool at the same time?

Any help would be appreciated.
BLE373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2017, 05:37 PM   #2
Community Administrator

I don't know the answer to your question but I do know you have a problem. I had an 08 35E and both worked together.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:25 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mine work together too if I set the thermostat low or high enough but mine sometime cycle independently depending on temperature
genesimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:01 PM   #4

While they do function independently of each other, they should also run at the same time. If the thermostat is set for both zones in the on position and the temps set, they should operate. That is, as long as you have enough power (amps) running. If you are talking about running them during your trip, you will have to be running your generator. Your power control center will shut things down that it does not have enough power to operate.
SlaterDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:53 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaterDoc View Post
While they do function independently of each other, they should also run at the same time. If the thermostat is set for both zones in the on position and the temps set, they should operate. That is, as long as you have enough power (amps) running. If you are talking about running them during your trip, you will have to be running your generator. Your power control center will shut things down that it does not have enough power to operate.
The thermostat mode button appears to permit selection of zone1 or 2, low, high and auto. We tried these functions on 30 amp land line and generator power. The only thing left untried is 50 amp wayside power.
Could it be right that will be the only dual AC availability?
Old 03-01-2017, 07:00 AM   #6
Community Administrator

2007 Bounder AC X 2

I ran both on 30 amp. It could be that you have something else running at the time you're trying to run both a/c's. The EMS would shed one AC if the draw exceeded the 30 amps to prevent blowing the breaker.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:29 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well i dont set the temp the same. Cause if i do one end will get colder or hotter depending on weather. For instance i put bedroom on 72 at nite and the other zone on 75. And that way normally only the 72 one will kick on sometimes they both run but by morning when the sun starts baking they will both run
Old 03-01-2017, 11:12 AM   #8
Vet

30 amp dual air conditioner operation

I own a 2004 Bounder 35E.

There is a sensor in the bedroom and a sensor in the living area which are controlled by an ECS panel.

Setting the two air conditioners on AUTO and your desired temperature setting for each area will allow the ECS to provide both to operate independently or together to provide selected cooling requirements.

My ECS will indicate shedding when the current(amperage) drain is such that the 30 amp will not be able to run both if the (water heater for instance) is on electric use.

I call it the GREEN ACRES syndrome. Old TV show for those too young.
Vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 02:17 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We do stupid things when the lights are out. Like trying to find the fan belt with the motor running.
It was obvious from thread responses that we were doing something wrong out of ignorance when we couldn't get both ACs working at the same time. Without a manual we reread the thread and it dawned on us what we never set both zones to the same temperature. Duh!

Went back out. Set both zones on auto. below ambient temperature setting, the same degrees, waited for the delay to wind off and bam they kicked on one at a time on 30 amp wayside power.

Thank you each and all for helping us see the light. Each thread response checked off one trouble shooting box.

We got this down as a good day.

Thanks to you,
Richard & Violet
Old 03-02-2017, 02:25 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Lol. Glad it wasnt nothing wrong

Tags
bounder