Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #1

2008 Bounder 36Z purchase?

Some input please. We have looked at and through a 2008 Bounder 36Z Class A on a Ford chassis today. Unit appears to be very gently used with about 6500 original miles and most every possible option on board. It is being sold by a local, North Florida,South Georgia RV dealership that we have had excellent service with on previous units we bought there. Price is not what we are asking about. Does anyone have experience with the Bounder MH's and if so how about some personal opinions about quality and value for the dollar that you spent on them. Does the Ford V10 Triton do it's job well enough coupled with their auto tranny? We anticipate somewhere between 5-9 MPG and do not find that frightening. As of now no toad.

Thanks so much for your input....Jack&Rita
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #2

We have an 07 Bounder 38P and have nothing but great things to say about it and Fleetwood. We have had very few issues that were corrected quickly by our dealer. Even products in the unit - toilet that had been trouble from weekend 1 to last weekend of the fall - contacted Sealand and they replaced the whole unit at no cost.
Contact Fleetwood last week to inquire about purchasing a table that is not part of our floor model but wanted anyway and they returned my email with a call as soon as they read it before 9 am the next morning. Table was on it's way to me that afternoon.
Our Bounder is on a Workhorse Chasis with 8.1 l engine. No problems whatsoever. We love the Bounder. Many people will tell you that you get a lot of bang for your buck on them. Very well made.
Our C Class that is a rental unit now has 45,000 km and was bought August 2004 has the Ford Triton V10 and it is a great engine and have had no problems with it either.
I would not hesitate to purchase another Bounder, all round great product.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:54 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
We have been very happy with our choice of the Bounder. It does not have the fit and finish of a high-end unit but remains very functional. There are also many people and organizations (BOA and BU) supporting Bounder ownership and activities.
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:28 AM   #4

We have an '05 Bounder 36Z on a Workhorse chassis with 19500 miles. The only problem we have had is a faulty front driver side jack. It was replaced under warranty with no hassle. It suits our full time, boondocking lifestyle to a TEE

Margaret - She who must be obeyed.
Tincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:42 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
We have an 05 38N that we have had no problems with. If we ever do trade it in it will be for another Bounder. It is a DP on a Freightliner XC Chassis with a 300 HP Cat. We love the floorplan and the fit and finish as far as we are concerned is great.
Jerry and Janell
Old 02-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #6

We've an 06 Bounder 35E with 31,000 miles and love it. When it was a week old we had a problem with the backup camera; dealer quickly fixed. Since then not a problem one! The V-10/5-speed OD does a super job. Even on some of those serious hills in Colorado. We get an average of 7.8 mpg pulling the toad and 8.3 without. We normally drive between 58 to 60 mph. Our average mpg increased by almost 1.5 mpg as every thing "broke-in" during the first 15,000 miles. After a very cross-windy trip through the Dakotas in 07, I did add a rear tracbar. It is something I believe Ford and Workhorse, or the MH builders themselves should include as OEM. I, as most all Bounder owners think that this motorhome represents the most in value that is available today. Happy Boundering! Danny
Old 02-04-2009, 04:01 AM   #7

Thank you all very much for your input. We have decided to get the Bounder after a test run yesterday. It was all that you have said it was. We ran it on I75 for several miles and though passed by some 18 wheelers we had no sway or other movement. It does have the Michelin 22.5" tires though which I failed to notice until another walk around yesterday, I am getting old .

Thanks again..Jack&Rita
Old 02-04-2009, 05:57 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Congrats on your new Bounder. Post a picture when you have a chance and make sure you check out the Bounders United and Bounders of America websites.

http://www.bounder.org/

http://www.bounder.net/
Old 02-09-2009, 02:27 AM   #9

As a funny, albeit frightening, update on the Bounder 36Z. On the way home with our new MH we noticed this pretty loud grinding, whirring of gears each time we stopped at a stop sign. I am thinking Oh Oh! here we go! When got it parked in the yard I looked everywhere for the continuous whirring sound, to no avail. Naturally assuming the worst until Rita, bless her, said "Is that satellite thing on?". YES it was and seeking, seeking, seeking. The prep guy at the dealership had left it on when we left. Having never had such a marvelous option before I can claim ignorance, Rita says "that's right you can" hmmmm.

Jack&Rita
Old 02-09-2009, 03:36 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Jack and Rita, Betty and I had a simular experience with our system. It took a few minutes to figure out what was going nuts on the roof.