Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2008, 12:26 PM   #1

Hi, I was wondering if anyone as had trouble with the locking arm on the full wall slide on the Pace arrow. I was camping this weekend and the locking arm did not recess into the slide fully during the slide moving out. The result was the teflon piece on the end of the locking arm is now broken off because the arm hit the side wall on the way out. If you have any experience with this occuring I would be interested in hearing about it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2008, 12:26 PM   #2

Hi, I was wondering if anyone as had trouble with the locking arm on the full wall slide on the Pace arrow. I was camping this weekend and the locking arm did not recess into the slide fully during the slide moving out. The result was the teflon piece on the end of the locking arm is now broken off because the arm hit the side wall on the way out. If you have any experience with this occuring I would be interested in hearing about it.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:54 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have a 38P, I don't recall any locking arms on the slide. Where are they located?
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:13 PM   #4

We have a 2007 38V with a simialar locking arm. I'm sorry but I can't tell you exactly what is wrong, but my wife and I discovered that the arms are very sensitive to the reserve in your house batteries. In other words, if they are not up to snuff, the locking arm may not fully retract or extend when you are trying to either open or close the slide. Of course there could be many other issues with this, but it is what happened to us. We took ours in while under warranty and that was all that they could find wrong. Since then we pay careful attention to the house batteries and have had no problems at all after that.
Hope this helps.
Paul Van Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:08 PM   #5

Our's broke also, it was the back one. I think it happened when We pulled off the road onto an uneven parking lot, may have been moving to fast. Fleetwood replaced the whole unit under warranty. I called Power Gear and they sent just the plastic end so I would have a spare, it is put on with a roll pin would be easy to change. I have the part # in the garage, will find and list it, think it was 14.00 with shipping.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #6

Thank you all for the information so far, I look forward to the part number for the replacement part. I am curious what a roll pin is?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 08-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #7

sdcgkc, part's came from HWH, PHONE # 563-724-3396. The part # RAP91625 foot kit travel clamp. part was 6.30 plus shipping. A roll pin is a hollow pin made from spring steel with a slot cut down the side with tappered ends so it can be tapped into a slightely smaller hole, and is what holds the foot to the wall clamp, look at yours and see what it looks like, may have changed from 06 mod.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:19 AM   #8

Blaster,
Thank you so much for the information. I hope you have a great day!

Steve
Old 08-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #9

I called HWH today, my part is in the mail!

Thanks again,
Steve