Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2016, 07:38 AM   #1

2010 Shower Wall Cracked

We noticed the shower wall cracked when we pulled our 2010 Bounder 35H out of winter storage. I called Fleetwood Parts and Service to see about getting a replacement walls for the shower. I was told that the shower parts are no longer available from the source. No alternate was offered. I contacted my Fleetwood dealer and for the last four weeks or more, the dealer keeps telling me still looking into it. I e-mailed Fleetwood Customer Service asking what do they do to fix the current 35K rear shower that is the same size as mine. Their response was:

"Thank you for contacting REV Recreation Group.

In regards to your inquiry, we do not have instruction on replacing the shower
enclosures. We will need to direct you to a Fleetwood dealer near you for
further assistance.

Regards,

Administrative Assistant"

No help again. Do other manufacturers also offer no help? Has anyone had this issue?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2016, 12:45 PM   #2

Shower wall cracks

In response to shower wall cracks in the 35H, we had the same experience a few years ago. It appears there is no factory solution, but we have discovered two alternatives. The first is to obtain a shower kit from a home improvement store and glue a new enclosure over the existing one. A less expensive option, the one we chose, was to wait for warm weather (shower cracked when in -30F temperature) and then pop the cracked portions of the shower back into place, clean the surfaces, dry them completely, and tape them together with clear "Gorilla" tape (sorry for the brand name recommendation, but this tape is quite thick, clear, and strong). The shower looks completely normal now, unless you know where to look and have great eyesight. This "fix" has held up for two years and a few long trips.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:27 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
15 Discovery

We had a 35H also. Knowing these walls may do it again I would silicone them, then cover the Crack with a good water resistant moulding from a home center.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:43 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Like Bounder09, one of our walls cracked under similar circumstances. That was probably 5 or 6 years ago. All I've done so far is to pin drill the bottom of the crack to stop it from splitting further. Have been debating how to fix ever since. Won't be putting in a whole new surround but may try the Gorilla tape.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower