Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2015, 03:33 PM   #1

2011 Bounder - Intellitec Water Pump Controller Location

Can anyone tell me where I can locate the Intellitec water pump controller on a 2011 Bounder (35H)? The schematic shows it as "LOCATED @ PANEL BOARD" but I have no idea where that might be. I'd like to add a fifth momentary switch, this one near the water pump.

I'm researching 1) type of switch to purchase 2) how to add the switch to the circuit.

Thanks in advance.
tonyscarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2015, 06:29 PM   #2

Can't tell you where the controller is located but I can provide a wiring schematic.

Richard
House Husband is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLS7201 View Post
Can't tell you where the controller is located but I can provide a wiring schematic.

Richard
Thanks Richard. This diagram is very useful in helping me understand how to add my switch.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm still curious as to the location of the controller.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyscarface View Post
Thanks Richard. This diagram is very useful in helping me understand how to add my switch.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm still curious as to the location of the controller.

They are almost always very close to the water pump.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
They are almost always very close to the water pump.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

While that makes perfect sense Steve, it's not in the compartment with the pump. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:38 PM   #6

Dumb question I presume but why do you need a waterpump controller?
I like my switch which turns it on and off.
Lynn
LETMGROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
Lynn

Lynn - I don't want a water pump controller, I have one. I want to add a switch in a location which does not have one. They all turn the pump on and off.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:57 AM   #8
Community Administrator

I'd call FW 800-322-8216. They should be able to assist with this.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Lynn
Convenience item .... It's kinda handy to have a switch at any location you might need water and saves a trip to a "single" switch if you're in the bathroom or outside at the wet bay and find that the pump is turned off.

If you only had two switch locations, it would be easy to set up a "three way" switch, like a light switch at the top and bottom of a stairwell at home, without a controller, but once you go to three or more, that wiring scheme (single-pole-double-throw switch) doesn't work any more, so it takes a device that will switch the pump on and off using momentary contact switches.

Rick
Old 09-16-2015, 06:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermitdafrog View Post
Convenience item .... It's kinda handy to have a switch at any location you might need water and saves a trip to a "single" switch if you're in the bathroom or outside at the wet bay and find that the pump is turned off.

If you only had two switch locations, it would be easy to set up a "three way" switch, like a light switch at the top and bottom of a stairwell at home, without a controller, but once you go to three or more, that wiring scheme (single-pole-double-throw switch) doesn't work any more, so it takes a device that will switch the pump on and off using momentary contact switches.

Rick
I guess I just don't understand how the controller works. I have a single switch for the water pump. I turn it on when parked and leave it on until I leave. The pump only comes on when you turn a faucet on or flush the toilet.
LETMGROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:13 AM   #11

Mine is in the water bay. Almost right next to the water pump switch. It is small and difficult to locate unless you know what you are looking for.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:38 AM   #12

Quote:
I guess I just don't understand how the controller works. I have a single switch for the water pump. I turn it on when parked and leave it on until I leave. The pump only comes on when you turn a faucet on or flush the toilet.
Understand. When you turn on your single switch, it enables the pressure switch at the pump, so when you open a faucet or flush the toilet, the pressure in the water lines drops, and the pump will run until the faucet is closed, at which time the pressure builds back up in the water lines until a preset pressure is reached, and the pump will shut off. Completely automatic .... The systems with multiple switches will do the same thing, if you leave the pump turned on, it should operate automatically. In a multi-switch system with a controller, once the controller applies power to the pump pressure switch, it operates the same as your single switch system.

However in either system, if you are away from the RV shopping or down at the beach or whatever, and a water line breaks or something starts leaking, the pump will continue to run until the tank runs dry or somebody shuts it off, and 50-100 gallons of water, depending where the leak or break occurred, can cause quite a mess. If you're boon docking, depending on how long you are gone, you might end up with a mess plus dead cabin batteries.

It's probably just one of our quirks, but after 35 years or so of camping and 8 years of living aboard a sailboat, we try to remember to hit the pump switch when we aren't using it.

Rick
Old 09-16-2015, 08:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcurt23 View Post
Mine is in the water bay. Almost right next to the water pump switch. It is small and difficult to locate unless you know what you are looking for.

Pcurt - Is yours a 2011 Bounder 35H?
Old 09-16-2015, 08:22 AM   #14

Quote:
From Intellitec's website regarding the water pump controller, "Using this technique, the heavy gauge wire is confined to supplying the load in a direct fashion, while an unlimited number of small, simple switches can be added to control the loads by simply connecting the single wire to each switch.

As Kermitdafrog mentioned earlier, it's a convenience item the value of which is adding a pump switch anywhere you want in your coach without complicated wiring schemes. I can theoretically tap in anywhere on the the switch wire, add a ground and have a new place to turn my pump on or off. Convenience only in my case.

Tags
bounder, cat, intellitec, water, water pump