Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2016, 09:49 PM   #1

2011 Fleetwood Storm....hydraulic leveler fluid change

Hello-

I have a 2011 Fleetwood Storm (F53 chassis, Triton V10), currently in storage so I don't have easy access to the manuals- hence these questions....

I believe when I read the manuals for the RV upon purchase of the RV a few months back, it said that I needed to change the fluid in the hydraulic auto leveling system every 2 years, as well as lubricate the jack cylinders.

What type of fluid do I need to purchase, and how much, to change the fluid for the jacks?

Is there a step by step somewhere on how to complete the fluid change?

Thanks in advance.
ualdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2016, 06:21 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have changed fluid once and because of the pump failure. Re filling was easy, go to the filler plug on the reservoir, located on the top. Mine took type 2 trans fluid. fill with jacks located in the up position only. If every thing is working properly I wouldn't touch anything or change anything. Inside the reservoir there is a float switch which will indicate a low fluid light or alarm will sound [beep] may indicate jacks down as well, although they will be up. You can top off your fluid with the jacks up by just removing your filler plug, fill to the top and replace plug. Remember if it's not broke don't fix it. Hope this helps you. Good luck.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce C View Post
I have changed fluid once and because of the pump failure. Re filling was easy, go to the filler plug on the reservoir, located on the top. Mine took type 2 trans fluid. fill with jacks located in the up position only. If every thing is working properly I wouldn't touch anything or change anything. Inside the reservoir there is a float switch which will indicate a low fluid light or alarm will sound [beep] may indicate jacks down as well, although they will be up. You can top off your fluid with the jacks up by just removing your filler plug, fill to the top and replace plug. Remember if it's not broke don't fix it. Hope this helps you. Good luck.
Thanks Bruce.

What is "Type 2" transmission fluid? Is that just regular transmission fluid like this:
Valvoline MaxLife High Mileage DEX/MERC Automatic Transmission Fluid 1 Gallon - Walmart.com
Old 04-05-2016, 04:47 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think you have Power Gear levelers, if you go to the banner above you will see files listed. Go into files and look for levelers, there is all the info and manuals you need that can be downloaded. Good luck. If you need more help just PM me. Your fluid type should be there as well.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 04:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce C View Post
I think you have Power Gear levelers, if you go to the banner above you will see files listed. Go into files and look for levelers, there is all the info and manuals you need that can be downloaded. Good luck. If you need more help just PM me. Your fluid type should be there as well.
OK will check out thanks!

Tags
fleetwood, fluid