Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2011 Revolution battery drain problem

As strange as it may sound I think I may have finally found out why my batteries keep discharging when in storage. Those of you with a like model might try this and let me know what you find.
We arrived home from a 4 day stay and was running the frig on the inverter while traveling. As it was late and the grandkids wore us out at Cedar Point I didn't bother to plug in when we got home. So today I went out to plug in and heard "chattering" from the Xfer switch. Couldn't figure out why it was doing that and went about turning off the breaker to the outlet. I turned off the 2 150 amp breakers in the back of the MH, hit the disconnect switch at the entry steps and noticed that the inverters were still running. Also, the display on the Magnums were on. I pressed the button to turn off the inverters and they went off and were theoretically not drawing any current (could not hear the inverters running).
Should the inverters be able to be powered up with all the disconnects in the off position?
I would appreciate anyone having this model turn off all breakers/power and test to see if the inverters will come on.
Thanks
Ron K.

By the way, still have not been able to figure out why the Xfer switch was chattering. Seems to be working OK.
RonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #2

If your inverter is in off position its off. Mine has on,off, and auto detect.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rooster
You may have missed the point of my post. How or why should the inverter be able to come on if all power is shutdown. With the main disconnect off, and main breakers off how could anything get power?
RonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #4

Maybe because its hooked directly to your batteries check and see.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
rhm

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
me too

I once had something similar. Turned off both battery switches, but noticed the inverter fan was running. Sure enough, the green 'on' light was lit. I turned off the inverter with the switch on the device and it's been fine ever since.
rhm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery