RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #1

2012 35K Heating rear bathroom

Does anyone else have a problem getting heat in the rear bathroom from the vent under the sink cabinet? I get nothing. Dealership service department says it's an engineering problem. Fleetwood says they will talk with my service department to see what they can do. (But were unable to reach my service department while my coach was there). The last email I got from the guy at Fleetwood says an associate there has the same coach and uses the heat pump to heat the bathroom. I am assuming he is basically telling me this is a problem with this model and not an isolated incident with mine?
I have been told that they pipe/tube from the furnace is small and has to run a long way and can't get the heat back there. Ok, so, we know the problem. But they don't seem to want to do anything about it! Any advice? Brand new coach from factory should have working heat in the place that one would want it most! (Showering in cold room no fun). Thanks for any help on this!

MichKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
MichKim, what kind of motor home is this?

Jerry

jdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jerry--it's a 2012 Bounder 35k.

Kim--sorry you're having trouble with your new Bounder. We don't have the 35k, so I'm not familiar with that problem. I'd say maybe a small electric heater might solve the immediate problem, but Fleetwood's response was less than stellar.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #4

Jerry, 2012 Bounder 35K. We have a bath and a half. In the half bath you can barely breathe because it gets so hot with the heat on (we closed the vent, lol), but in the full bath in the back we get nothing.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Same on my 35E. FW sent me the furnace diagram ( and will email it to you if you call them 800-322-8216 ) and it is such a long run to the rear bathroom that it just doesn't make the trip.
I hate to admit it , but Sarah's advice of a space heater back there is the solution. This is one of the very few design flaws that I have found on my Bounder. I just grin and bear it and turn on the space heater. :-).

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #6

Cliff, they sent me a diagram as well. It is definately a design flaw. Yes, I too need to use a space heater. I would rather not. I am hoping the engineering team will put out a fix for it. I love this RV, but the heat should work. They have told me it is too far for the heat to make the trip. But that's not acceptable to me. I didn't design it, they did, lol! I shouldn't have to use a space heater. I even asked them if they'd provide a space heater until we find a fix. They said no. Don't you think they should find a way to make it work for us? This thing wasn't cheap!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #7

Cliff, you have a 2008? It upsets me a little more to know that this design flaw existed 3 years ago and they built me one in 2012 with the same design flaw.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Some MH's have two furnaces. FW doesn't want to or can't fit it. The horror stories I hear on design flaws with other mfg's eases my frustration on this minor ( to me ) one and I always have 50 amp and use electric heat.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a 2012 35K and just completed 6 weeks of travel that included some very cold nights. We have never noticed a cold rear bathroom. While our rear bathroom may not be as warm as the front one, it still was very confortable , even when it was 36 outside.

Dave A
Bajanbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichKim View Post
Cliff, they sent me a diagram as well. It is definately a design flaw. Yes, I too need to use a space heater. I would rather not. I am hoping the engineering team will put out a fix for it. I love this RV, but the heat should work. They have told me it is too far for the heat to make the trip. But that's not acceptable to me. I didn't design it, they did, lol! I shouldn't have to use a space heater. I even asked them if they'd provide a space heater until we find a fix. They said no. Don't you think they should find a way to make it work for us? This thing wasn't cheap!

Just when to Lazydays today and fired up the generator and turned on the gas( it was very cold here - 72 and breezy) now this is a 2013 35K just delivered. Half bath good heat rear bath Poor. Seems like a space heater would work but it would be in the way and you should not need on.

BTW I think we will order one of these ---
13 Adventurer 37F
mike garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
this seems to be a problem in any of the rear bathroom Bounders - our 35H is very cool back there - service folks at our dealership said there is no "fix" from Fleetwood - so we have acquired a very small electric heater for our next trip.
wepinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #12

A little update: I have been communicating with Fleetwood since October about this issue. They told me to take it to the dealership so they could work out a fix with the service people, meanwhile the Fleetwood people were telling me they were working on it on their end. I took it into the dealership after communicating with Fleetwood and left it to be worked on October 31st. It was there for a week, but the rep from Fleetwood and the dealership did not have any communication. I don't know why. Missed calls? Unreturned messages? I don't know. Had a trip planned so couldn't wait any longer. Fleetwood guy said to let him know when we dropped it off again. We dropped it off again December 3. As of today, 12/21 it is still in the dealership. Fleetwood rep had communicated with the dealership (he has forwarded the emails he has received). The first one said, "Please send me your office number so that we can speak to you directly regarding a fix for this problem." The second one says, "Have not forgotten about you. We are working on information to resolve this issue." The second one was on December 8. Fleetwood has still given no direction to the dealership to fix the problem. Some friends asked us to join them for a short trip to the coast yesterday and that's where we'd be if this coach was here at home. Plans to travel to see family for Christmas will probably not happen unless we go pick it up without the problem fixed. My belief is that there is no fix, but Fleetwood won't say it, they will just give us the run-around until we get tired of dealing with it.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I think my MH is a lot like your's except that it has a 2nd furnace that serves the rear bath. If so, there would be the option of adding a 20,000 btu furnace in the back.
The less expensive option might be to install a small booster fan in the duct feeding the rear bath and control it with a switch or relay from the furnace.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckftboy View Post
I think my MH is a lot like your's except that it has a 2nd furnace that serves the rear bath. If so, there would be the option of adding a 20,000 btu furnace in the back.
The less expensive option might be to install a small booster fan in the duct feeding the rear bath and control it with a switch or relay from the furnace.
X 2 on the booster fan in the heating duct with the furnace relay control. They put a man on the moon in 1969, you would think FW could heat a bathroom in 2012.

KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heating