Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #1

2012 fleetwood Storm 33q

First RV Cannot find house water pump to install the water filter. Was told to drain fresh water every trip. I can't even find the tank drain valve. Manual is useless.
MrDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
Community Administrator

FW Cust Svc can help you with that. 800-322-8216

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDale View Post
First RV Cannot find house water pump to install the water filter. Was told to drain fresh water every trip. I can't even find the tank drain valve. Manual is useless.
From the Storm manual, page 07-2...

Draining the Fresh Water Tank
Avoid leaving the water in the tank when the motor home is not in use. Turn the water pump OFF before draining the water tank. Whenever possible, drain the fresh water tank before traveling. Water in the tank will reduce the carrying capacity of the motor home. See Motor Home Loading section of the On The Road chapter. The main water tank “quick-drain” valve is located on the end of the water tank.

Whole Coach Water Filter System
The water filter helps provide consistent drinking water quality to the entire water system. The filter cartridge is located in the service panel compartment. Your Owner’s Information Package contains detailed operating and maintenance instructions concerning this system.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW

From the Storm manual, page 07-2...

Draining the Fresh Water Tank
Avoid leaving the water in the tank when the motor home is not in use. Turn the water pump OFF before draining the water tank. Whenever possible, drain the fresh water tank before traveling. Water in the tank will reduce the carrying capacity of the motor home. See Motor Home Loading section of the On The Road chapter. The main water tank “quick-drain” valve is located on the end of the water tank.

The water filter helps provide consistent drinking water quality to the entire water system. The filter cartridge is located in the service panel compartment. Your Owner’s Information Package contains detailed operating and maintenance instructions concerning this system.
Hi Sarah,
Thanks but
I looked at 7.2 service manual. But when I go to the rig I can't find what they describe. I have had three other friends who are familiar with past fleetwood TV's and they don't see it either.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDale

Hi Sarah,
Thanks but
I looked at 7.2 service manual. But when I go to the rig I can't find what they describe. I have had three other friends who are familiar with past fleetwood TV's and they don't see it either.
Oops darn spell check. R V's not TV's lol
Old 11-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

"Fleetwood TVs" made me smile!! Anyhow, from that diagram it appears that the valve is on the end of your fresh water tank and should be easily accessible in one of your bays. Since we own a Bounder I can't say exactly where that would be in your Storm. Are you able to locate the fresh water tank?
Old 11-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
They talk about that water filter in my 2003 owner's manual too. The only thing they are referring to is a little in-line screen just aft of the water pump. Its not like a big cartridge filter you can see easily that we think of like the big refrigerator filters. It's a little tiny in-line screen filter that only takes out big sediment of the water.

Quote:
Water Pump Filter
Dirt, mineral scale, and organic matter are filtered out of the fresh water system by an in-line
water filter on the inlet side of the water pump.
If you suspect a clogged filter, it is easily
removed and cleaned.
Inspect the filter after running the first full tank
of water. Clean and inspect monthly thereafter.
The filter is located in the utility compartment
behind the service panel.
1. Loosen the clamp at the inlet end of the filter.
2. Pull the water line off the filter.
3. Unscrew the filter from the water pump.
4. Turn each end of the filter and pull apart.
5. Flush out and clean screen.
6. Reverse procedure to install.
7. Operate the water pump and check for
leaks.
But in the 2012 Storm Manual, this is also referred to:

Quote:
The water filter helps provide consistent drinking water quality to the entire water system. The filter cartridge is located in the service panel
compartment.
Your Owner’s Information Package contains detailed operating and maintenance instructions concerning this system.
Service panel to me means the utility bay. Did you look through all your owner's package? It might be buried somewhere in there?

My drain valve is located just under the fresh water tank bay. There is a great big red handle valve on it.

Are you saying you can't find your fresh water drain valve? Or the water pump itself?
Old 11-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Mine is in the first compartment aft of ent. door. It is on a shelf in the rear of the compartment so one needs to bend down to see it.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Same here, first compartment in the back on a shelf.
JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #10

Thanks all, I think I got it figured out. They gave me this big A.. Filter about 8" long and stated "you install this yourself" lol I don't have an ice maker etc. my rig is in storage again but next time out I will check it out. I just need to separate in my brain which area I need to inspect and not fix what seems to be working fine. Your information has been very helpful. Thanks all again!!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Wow. In my opinion, part of the dealer "make ready" should have been for THEM to install that filter for you. Anyhow, things will get easier as you get more familiar with your new motorhome.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #12

I found the inline house filter. It was under the aft bed. Nowhere in the manual was there any indication that would have led us to that location. /)
Old 11-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Good grief, that sounds unhandy. Thanks for posting; that info might help someone else.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDale View Post
I found the inline house filter. It was under the aft bed. Nowhere in the manual was there any indication that would have led us to that location. /)
No kidding, what a deal that is! Did the dealer have anything to say about that? I'd have sure let somebody know I wasn't happy with having to re-invent the wheel trying to find that filter for sure!