Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2016, 05:42 PM   #519

new to me 2013 33a-questions

Hi,
Just picked up a new used 33a. 1st day-lost a hub cap, for 10 minutes locked myself out of rv. The key wouldn't work for some reason, then would. The power would not run on 30 amps for some reason. Power control didn't seem to recognize the 30 amps, turned shore power on today and it worked fine, sensing the 30 amp incoming. Is there a delay in converting from generator or inverter the to shore power? I didn't change anything to make it work today. Also when i put out my slide , in the front there is a metal skirt that hangs down from the bottom of the slide. On retracting it catches then slides past the metal panel below it. The panel from the bottom of the slide is therefore bent in from catching. Also the panel below is loose. Is it engineered to be loose to allow the slide to contact it and slide past. Does something need adjustment? Also my wiper 15 amp/14volts fuse fried. The fuses were all laying loose under the a/c hoses (that are condensating water onto the fuses inside the door under the radio. Should these fuses be lying under the hoses or are yours inside a housing to prevent water from dripping on them? Sorry long questions, big learning curve. Had boats but rv's new to me
eddiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2016, 10:38 PM   #520

Wow Eddiel, I hope you purchased that from a dealer that is willing to stand by their warrantee commitment.
1. There are lots of hub caps laying on the side of the highway, maybe watch for yours or one that matches your missing one.
2. The key issue could be operator error, something fell into place that was previously out of whack or ???
3. The EMS (Energy Management System) on my 35B takes no more than 30-45 seconds to recognize shore power, battery/inverter or generator power, I am not sure of where to head with this one.
4. There should be nothing loose on the slide. As it comes into it's "In" position, it is riding on rollers that should bring it into the same spot each time and without rubbing on anything.
5. Wiper Fuse- there must be a direct short somewhere between the battery and the motor, sometimes they are hard to find and will take some perseverance.
6. There should be no water leaking inside your coach from the A/C. I will leave this for someone that is much more knowledgeable than I.
Sorry if I have not been much help, but congrats on the purchase... and for getting rid of the boat. haha. JH

micpib1354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:55 AM   #521

Congrats on your new coach... I also recently bought a 33a...that slide... nothing loose on mine...the fuses just kind of all hang down under that panel beneath the radio... no moisture, but in so cal... no moisture...only problems I have with shore power is a humming sound... only noticed on the last trip...oh... and that anchor on my roof(rf mogul satellite that is obsolete)... the dealer said on owning an rv.., patience and a sense of humor.... and I think...$$$$$

Good luck
Socaltruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:40 AM   #522

water heater switch location?

Two days on coach and still trying to figure out water heater. I have a 33A 2013 , the dealer told me the switch is over the door where alot of the controls are located. The switch he pointed to is in the upper right hand corner of this panel but doesn't have a label. Is there only one switch, where is it and is the heater gas or electric or bath. Thanks.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:11 AM   #523

It's the red switch.... turn on the propane... I think it lights up and stays off... and you are good... did the dealer give you a walk thru... if not... see if he will... my switch is on the left... same year... same model... would think it would be the same.. ya never know
Old 10-07-2016, 10:39 AM   #524

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Humming on shore line power

Hi there,
We had the same humming issue when on shoreline power.
The dealer found it to be the 40amp (I think) relay in the power bay. ThAt one needs to be mounted with the contacts horizontally. If by chance they mounted it vertically, which they did in our case, it hums when activated.

We sold our rv otherwise I would have send you a picture.

Hope that helps
radar224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 02:57 PM   #525

Anyone know if you can buy replacement upholstery for flex steel captains chairs?
I don't what to buy two whole new chairs. the frames are still fine.
But the seat material is cracking.
F29DCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 03:46 PM   #526

That humming sound is from the surge protector....and this last outing..at about 1am we were woke up to a banging sound...ended up disconnecting from shore power...neighbors came over and mentioned others had problems too..with the knocking...the humming is another issue....now the jacks aren't lowering...either the fronts will..or the backs...front tires were even off the ground...and the switch to lower coach doesn't work either...any ideas before I take it back to he dealer...and the Air conditioner struggled to come on..made a terrible noise...set off smoke alarm...tuned off all power....then powered up and no more issues....is this what we are to expect every outing...what next... Haha
Old 10-09-2016, 10:35 PM   #527

On my Expedition the Surge Protector and the Power transfer switch (generator to shore power) are the same unit. When it started to act up as yours is the next step was sudden death.
kmx888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:53 AM   #528

33d no power towing!?

Hi - we bought a used 2014 33d with 5,000 miles on it recently. Went on our first trip this week. We tow a Honda Fit and were shocked at the complete lack of power on the short moderate hills we encountered. Is this typical? I have seen others post that theirs "kicked in" and handled grades well. We were not expecting to be passed by other Class A gassers pulling much larger vehicles.
TheShaddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:00 AM   #529

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have the same MH, we tow a Jeep Liberty and have found the power to be very adequate. Have the fuel filters been changed lately? Good Luck!
Droski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #530

I've got a '14 33D also and pull a Jeep Wrangler. I can tell the Jeep is back there but haven't had a problem with power. What mode is the transition in? For short hills I leave it in the Econo mode. Meaning I switch from the default setting on startup. Actually, I run in that mode 90% of the time.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:37 PM   #531

What tire pressures is everyone running in their excursion? I am currently running 95 front and 90 rear . Will weigh when able and then adjust.
Old 10-14-2016, 05:31 PM   #532

I run 95 front and 105 rear. Thats for a full load. I did to weigh axels before dropping my front pressure.