RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #1

Angry 2013 Fleetwood Bounder Surge Guard tripping

Our hard wired Surge Guard continues to trip and the error message is always the same...
"wiring status error - high voltage L1 131volts. It's been to the shop and they found nothing wrong.
Here we are again in a park and tripping 2-3 times a day. No other RVers are tripping but us!

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Ibmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hello & welcome to iRV2. Have you had the shore power tested? Is it tripping in multiple CG's/campsites? Have you tried another site? Whose power protection unit do you have? Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Lori-

NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #3

Shore power has been tested and reads 122-127. We have changed sites and same problem. Has happened in another CG..... also in TX. Stayed in West, TX..... cg there was fine. Have also stayed in CA, AZ, FL, & GA with no problems. Using Surge Guard brand, and it's been back to the Dealer who couldn't duplicate the problem. ..so said all was fine with system.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:03 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Is it tripping when on generator?

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:11 PM   #5

No, works fine on the gen.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:22 PM   #6

Well I think 127 is awful close to 131v . Mine reads 119v , some campgrounds boost the voltage. Take your meter and find a pedestal that reads close to 120v.
Then use it and see if your problem goes away.
3wheeljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:51 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Since it's not doing it on the generator I have to agree it sounds like high voltage from the pedestal.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:28 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
We are having a similar problem with our 2015 Bounder and the hard wired Surge Guard. Ours now removes power with the both sore power and the generator, reads various different voltages each time, and sometimes reversed polarity. Have not yet brought it to the dealer where I purchased it as they are 2.5 hrs away, will bring it to a closer Fleetwood dealer.
Peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:42 AM   #10

These things are notoriously flaky and cause more operability problems than they resolve. The issues you and PeterP are experiencing are very common and there is a recalibration procedure that I could post however since it requires working with live AC power I suggest contacting TRC and having them work with your Dealer to get your unit re-calibrated.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:58 AM   #11

When you get tired of the Surge guard take it out and replace it with Progressive industries. Progressive Industries 50 AMP Hardwire Electrical Management System from tweetys.com
Old 08-27-2014, 07:16 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would tend to agree that the voltage is too close to the surge guards setting. One little power spike and your tripping. We have not experienced the problem with ours but I did get some "flaky" readings the last time we were hooked to shore power.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #13

I call surge guard 5 mins and the man knew what was wrong, unit out of calibration, they sent me a new one calibrated in there shops shipping included. No thanks to fleetwood. Fleetwood said it is out of warranty. It is working right now. Still have a issue can't get the unit run anything on 30 amp.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:19 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibmike View Post
I call surge guard 5 mins and the man knew what was wrong, unit out of calibration, they sent me a new one calibrated in there shops shipping included. No thanks to fleetwood. Fleetwood said it is out of warranty. It is working right now. Still have a issue can't get the unit run anything on 30 amp.
Fleetwood's warranty is 1 year. After that, any warranty on other systems (surge protector, refrigerator, etc.) is handled by the manufacturer of that item. For instance, the Dometic refrigerator has a 2 year warranty, so after the first year the warranty problem would be with Dometic, not Fleetwood.

Glad Surge Guard stepped up to the plate for you and I hope you get everything squared away.

Tags
bounder, fleetwood