Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2018, 12:14 PM   #1

2014 bounder 35k wet under back sink?

Open the bottom cabinet in the main bathroom and the felt on the base always seems wet.
Pipes underneath are dry when turning the faucet on. The joint between the cabinet top and back splash needs caulking but the amount of water below doesn’t justify the few splash drops.
Shower overspill? Nope not that. No other water connections below. The hot and cold water pipes below are dry yet at the base on the cold, blue pipe wet.
Took cover off, pipe goes below, dry. So water has to be coming from somewhere.
Under rv in back dry....
I believe roof seals are good...
Appreciate any thoughts...
mrsportys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2018, 12:27 PM   #2

I don't know your waste pumping system whether or not you have a p-trap on the sink. On our old coach we had dampness under the sink which I traced to a loose p-trap. Only was able to spot it after I filled the sink and pulled the plug.
neub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:42 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I had this problem twice... the first time I finally found a leaking fitting... the second one dumbfounded me. I couldn't find anything... a few days later I found a mostly empty gallon jug of water --- with a crack towards the bottom!
lynch763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsportys View Post
Open the bottom cabinet in the main bathroom and the felt on the base always seems wet.
Pipes underneath are dry when turning the faucet on. The joint between the cabinet top and back splash needs caulking but the amount of water below doesn’t justify the few splash drops.
Shower overspill? Nope not that. No other water connections below. The hot and cold water pipes below are dry yet at the base on the cold, blue pipe wet.
Took cover off, pipe goes below, dry. So water has to be coming from somewhere.
Under rv in back dry....
I believe roof seals are good...
Appreciate any thoughts...

Our Bounder 33C had water leak at bathroom sink, only after using slower. Took panel off under sink & no leaking pipes. Had at dealer twice, they said they sealed shower. Still was leaking. I sealed all glass & frame areas, & still leaked. Found glass frame has groove in the middle, sealed all those & no more leaks. Also kitchen under sink had water, just after warranty was up. Found sink was loose from counter top. Unscrewed sink fasteners just enough for a gap to reseal all around sink, then tightened down sink fasteners, all good now.
RM travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:59 PM   #5

Have a '16 35K and have noticed the same, but ONLY when temps take a dive. Thus a "cold" water leak, when temps get back to nice/normal no more issue. Are you in a COLD climate?
16bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:28 AM   #6

I had same problem with my 2017 back to dealer twice still wet . No water was visible on lines but when I took apart the fittings I found a washer was not seating properly and fixed that alls been fine. Was such a small leak that over time it would get wet
Jwicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:43 AM   #7

My final fix

And it seems to be working, sealed the backsplash area and around and under the sink, so far so good!
Thanks to all!
Old 03-21-2018, 07:22 AM   #8

Spoke too soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsportys View Post
And it seems to be working, sealed the backsplash area and around and under the sink, so far so good!
Thanks to all!
Wet again. This time I’ll take apart the faucet and see if all the gaskets are in place.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:30 AM   #9

Lock ring for the drain seal.w

Check the lock ring that holds the rubber gasket to seal the drain where it leaves the sink underneath. They can vibrate loose sometimes and if they didn't use plumbers putty under the lip on the top side then then it can cause it to leak when the water fills past the drain lip. That is an easy fix but if that's the problem make sure you put a thin bead of plumbers putty under the lip so it seals on top and bottom when the lockring is tightened up. Good luck.
rd2callahan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder