Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2019, 06:06 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
2014 Fleetwood Bounder

My husband and I purchased our first motorhome in early January.
We are looking for an owner’s manual for our 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C. We have the generic Fleetwood owner’s manual (Southwind, Bounder, Bounder Classic), but we would like one that is specific to our model.
gregbecky80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2019, 06:25 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
If they still have them, they can be found at the Fleetwood website, under manuals.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:52 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Owner's manuals can be really hard to find. Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:48 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
You can punch in your VIN and get a complete parts list.

https://parts.revgroup.com/gensuite/web/catalog-center

Ron
rmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:36 AM   #5
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmueller View Post
You can punch in your VIN and get a complete parts list.

https://parts.revgroup.com/gensuite/web/catalog-center

Ron
Click the vehicle tab then enter your Fleetwood VIN, not the Ford VIN, in the search box.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:46 AM   #6
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Also from FW home page https://www.fleetwoodrv.com/ if you scroll to the bottom and hit the Contact link you will find a section to request schematics from them which you will find helpful.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:23 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
Click the vehicle tab then enter your Fleetwood VIN, not the Ford VIN, in the search box.
Fleetwood calls this a FIN number. You'll find it on your unit's documentation papers - most likely taped to the wardrobe wall (as ours is).

Lori-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FIN.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	238560  
Old 03-20-2019, 04:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbecky80 View Post
My husband and I purchased our first motorhome in early January.
We are looking for an owner’s manual for our 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C. We have the generic Fleetwood owner’s manual (Southwind, Bounder, Bounder Classic), but we would like one that is specific to our model.

Not sure if they have an actual owners manual for the 2014. They definitely don't for my 2017. Much of the info in the generic manual is not correct to my unit.

I think the trick is to figure out what components you have such as slides, jacks, fridge, entertainment system, awning, etc etc and get manuals from those manufacturers on those components. Getting schematics from REV is slightly helpful. I have multiple schematics from them some of which I am guessing are pertinent to my rig and some that have no relation to my rig. Many are just photos of various components that go into motor homes but no indication of what my rig has. I have also tried to get a build sheet for my rig and that service is no longer available I guess. I am not even sure of what color scheme mine is. After owning my used 2017 for a year now I found any help from the manufacturer is not going to happen. Between myself and a couple different service managers we've spent hours on the phone with them and they never once helped with an issue. I am pretty sure as an owner (and this may be due to it being a 7,000 mile used model) or as a service manager you are on your own.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:03 PM   #9
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Bob, You may have done this but if you parts site mentioned above you can pull up your vehicle and all it parts and pieces. It will keep you entertained for a couple of weeks, and trying to decipher Rev's website is a lesson in patience.

I was at my dealer today asking for some help on an item, wanting to make sure before I ordered. The main gal in the parts department heard me and popped up over her cubical and said, "I deal with Fleetwood parts daily, their website is not user friendly." You can tell when you are talking to her she forgot more about RV's than the factory that designs them knows.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Bob, You may have done this but if you parts site mentioned above you can pull up your vehicle and all it parts and pieces. It will keep you entertained for a couple of weeks, and trying to decipher Rev's website is a lesson in patience.

I was at my dealer today asking for some help on an item, wanting to make sure before I ordered. The main gal in the parts department heard me and popped up over her cubical and said, "I deal with Fleetwood parts daily, their website is not user friendly." You can tell when you are talking to her she forgot more about RV's than the factory that designs them knows.

Never looked on their website for parts.

I spoke with various people from end of May 2018 till early July. Some were very nice, but misguided! Some were darn right snotty. A tech rep from Decatur refused to answer any questions or even talk to me unless I was physically in the rig. Various folks, to include supervisor types refused to let me or my service manager know where a safety relay was located. We knew it was bad, but didn't know where it was. From listening to them I figured they had no idea where it was. The mechanic spent 28 hours looking. It came to the point where he was going to remove the fridge and possibly cabinets to locate it and the service manager just gave the go ahead to wire in a whole new circuit and put the safety relay in with all the other relays related to the slides and jacks. Lucky for me this was on warranty.

So you are on your own.

And maybe I'm an idiot or something, but this irv2 forum is huge. Lots of folks on here. It would seem the various manufactures would have someone monitor this forum and pipe in once in a while. I am sure many people have made decisions on what RV they are interested in via looking at forums. Heck, REV should have their own forum that offers customer support.

(BTW, I actually am not an idiot)
Old 03-21-2019, 01:34 PM   #11
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
The race to the bottom continues with no end in site. Wonder how long till Thor or Lippert buys them?

I used to own a Forest River Sunseeker. In the FR forum there was a gentleman that said worked for FR but was on the site on his own. He gave lots of people good advice.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:29 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1340 View Post
... It would seem the various manufactures would have someone monitor this forum and pipe in once in a while. ...
Most mfr's have people who do monitor RV-ing forums, especially the owner's forum sections; however, unless they are paying Sponsors they can't respond to posts per our Community Rules.

Most don't have the time to respond anyway, but they do get valuable insights from owners that, hopefully, they are paying attention to the issues reported.

Lori-
Old 03-21-2019, 07:05 PM   #13
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Most mfr's have people who do monitor RV-ing forums, especially the owner's forum sections; however, unless they are paying Sponsors they can't respond to posts per our Community Rules.

Most don't have the time to respond anyway, but they do get valuable insights from owners that, hopefully, they are paying attention to the issues reported.

Lori-
That is good to know about the responses and I understand about them having to be paying members too. My guess is that the manufactures are too cheap to pay both here and someone to look in every so often. After all they can't pay for Quality Control.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:24 PM   #14

Quote:
That is good to know about the responses and I understand about them having to be paying members too. My guess is that the manufactures are too cheap to pay both here and someone to look in every so often. After all they can't pay for Quality Control.
I seriously doubt they give a crud.
Bob1340 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, fleetwood