Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
2014 or 15 Fleetwood Storm 32H?

Anyone have any experience with/thoughts on Storm 32H?

DW and I are wanting a bunkhouse RV with overhead cab sleeping and have been looking at Class Cs, but are concerned with the CCC of the Class Cs in our price range and have started looking at the Storm since it offers both the bed above the driver/passenger seat and the bunks. We're both newbies to motor homes -- have been pop-up people 'til now.

Anyone with thoughts/experience with the Storm? Also, anyone know whether Fleetwood puts Adzel in their walls and/or roof? I can't find much on Fleetwood's website about what they put inside their walls.

Thanks!
H-School Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2014, 09:12 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We bought a 14 storm last December. Overall we like the design and handling..
The size is just right for 4 people. We have had the following issues: weak spot in the floor at the entrance to the bedroom, shower wall separated from the shower floor, main slide did not close properly, kitchen sink rusts marks, two window shades were defective, kitchen drawer bottom broke out and a very loud squeaking noise in the dash area which sounds like two pieces of styrofoam rubbing together developed after 1000 miles of use.
Fleetwood has been very good about covering the repairs under warranty. The floor has been repaired and is now solid. The shower is in the shop for repair. The main slide was adjusted three times and now works perfectly. The kitchen sink was replaced and rusted again. Another one is on order. Sounds like they have a bad batch of sinks. Hopefully the third one will not rust. Window shades were replaced and are perfect. A new drawer has been ordered.
The squeak has been addressed three times by the dealer. Not sure if it is fixed yet but told them to keep trying until they figure it out.
This is our first MH and frankly we are disappointed with all of the issues we have had. We had a TT before with zero problems. Someone on the forum suggested that fleetwood is overwhelmed with demand and doesn't have the trained labor they need to build quality products. I think it's a quality control issue and a design issue especially with the shower and the dash squeak.
The average time for repairs has been three weeks because parts needed to be ordered etc which is also annoying..
Hope this helps. Good luck!
Phil14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #3

Love our Storm. Just completed a three week vacation traveling over 3500 miles. My opinion is the Storm beat all other models for fit, finish and design in it's size and price range. We spent over a year researching all models and manufacturers and I would recommend the Storm and Fleetwood. Remember the Storm is an entry level Class A for Fleetwood but will stand up to others mid model line.

Remember also, an RV takes someone that is handy with tools and doesn't take it in to the dealer for every squeak or mis aligned drawer, shower door and such. All RV's are like this and if you can't repair a door or drawer you may want to consider something else. Otherwise it will sit at the dealer more than on the road having fun.

You must be able to troubleshoot and fix the small things and customize to your liking, that's part of the fun.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #4

Our 2012 32' Storm also has that annoying dash squeak. Also has one just to the rear of the passenger seat. Can't find the cause for either one, so we just live with them and I continue to investigate at my leisure. The mh is comfortable and has lots of storage. The lighting is poorly designed, making for quite a few dark spots. I installed a few additional lights in more convenient spots. Lots of other "little" fixits and modifications, as with any RV. Most of them are a result of poor quality control at the factory. Can't speak to the Adzel question.
micbit96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #5

We had about 12 issues but fixed 11 of them myself. It had to go to Ford dealer for a new dash AC compressor. Needed a wheel alignment badly. I added the following mods in my signature so it can now be driven with one hand. Wall insulation on my unit is white closed cell Styrofoam. (w/dual pane windows, a must)
Old 08-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by micbit96 View Post
Our 2012 32' Storm also has that annoying dash squeak. Also has one just to the rear of the passenger seat. Can't find the cause for either one, so we just live with them and I continue to investigate at my leisure. The mh is comfortable and has lots of storage. The lighting is poorly designed, making for quite a few dark spots. I installed a few additional lights in more convenient spots. Lots of other "little" fixits and modifications, as with any RV. Most of them are a result of poor quality control at the factory. Can't speak to the Adzel question.

The squeak behind the passenger seat is the overhead bed mechanism. I only have that issue if the bed isn't all the way up.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:12 PM   #7

The overhead bed was my first suspect, but it proved itself innocent. It is guilty of being a useless appendage, as we never have or never will use it, but I digress. The squeak seems to be coming from the floor or lower wall. It started about 2000 miles ago and is active about 75℅ of the underway time.
micbit96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:53 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Post New 2015 Storm 32H

We just picked up our Storm32H this past weekend and have already driven over 600 miles. We really liked the build quality and floorplan of the Fleetwood product compared to the competing Thor product (ACE 30.2) that we had been considering. What won us over was the

fullbody paint over gelcoat,
House radio/dvd vs none,
antenna input switch box vs none,
Awsome 2nd dinette/bunks for the kids vs just bunks,
600 lb (adults) queen over cab loft bed vs 250 lb (kids) overcab loftbed,
fit and finish vs all 3 ACE units having some dramatic trim and cabinet quality issues,
exterior storage with slam latches vs twist and pull.
I could go on but in the end, I got a better quality unit for a lower price. I except that no unit is perfect and im sure that with usage qwerks will be found with every unit, but with care and attention to details they should see a long service life.

I have no mods as of yet, I'm contemplating the CHF, 3 to 4kw inverter (Cotek SK3000-112 3000W, 12VDC Pure Sine Wave Inverter ), with a 3 way Transfer switch
http://www.aimscorp.net/documents/PWR3AXFER.pdf
Also looking at LED bulbs, any suggestions for pure white without the blue.
DSST-Storm-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by micbit96 View Post
I found that annoying dash squeak to be right around the brake light switch.. I tweeked it alittle and the noise would go away... but come back... so I sprayed rv silicone around the area,,,,gone...

the other behind the driver.... what I found to be the cable for the slide out...you can stick you fingers in the the rubber side flap and feel it it has no guides so it just rattles around in there.... hope this helps rattles suck
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:48 PM   #10

I have a 2013 Storm 32H which i bought used with 10,000 miles. Last summer went cross country, 7500 miles, and it performed perfectly. No issues but feel they were probably worked out by the first owner. Ride was great, engine performed well. 2200 rpm seemed to be the sweet spot for mileage, 8 mpg. Crossed the Rockies, Sierra Nevada's with no trouble at all. Its kind of a hybrid between a C with sleeping ability and a traditional 4-6 sleeper A. Will do a lot more this year. Thinking of doing Alaska from NJ.
denverh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:54 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for all your responses. Those with newer Storms, where the heck is the water heater bypass valve? Had a dealer winterize it and now have taken it out of storage for weekend trip. Can't find the valve so I can fill the water heater. HELP!
H-School Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-School Bus View Post
Thanks for all your responses. Those with newer Storms, where the heck is the water heater bypass valve? Had a dealer winterize it and now have taken it out of storage for weekend trip. Can't find the valve so I can fill the water heater. HELP!
Under the kitchen sink in the cupboard. (behind the water heater itself) It's clearly labeled. You may have to open the slide to open the door for access.

Tags
fleetwood