RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2015, 04:54 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
2015 34t bounder

How do you get the battery cover out on a 2015 bounder? I have it lose but can't get it out of the hole.

sandman7142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2015, 11:46 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
If you are talking about removing the step covers to get to the battery compartment, mine was very difficult also. The first time I went to check the batteries I had to first remove the black wood fascia from the front of the step which was held on by a single screw that was barely covered by the rubber bull nose on the step above. Once that was off the step cover could be removed by tilting it up and sliding it out with great difficulty. To simplify the job I cut approximately 1/8" from both sides of the step cover to allow a little more clearance. The other problem I had was some of the battery cables were routed over the caps necessitating their removal to get the caps off. Since I like to check the water levels frequently I purchased two Pro-Fill Battery Watering Systems and routed the filler hose out the bottom so I could water the batteries without removing the steps every time. Changed a one hour job to a five minute job.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:46 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
2015 Bounder battery cover removal

Likewise on the removal being difficult. Mine scarred the sides of step box but I was headed for Fleetwood service center the next week and had them make the trim repairs. I have replaced the slotted screws with hex head so I could use a nut driver versus fussing with the slot and limited screwdriver access.
Heavy-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:15 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good idea replacing the slotted screws. I thought I would be the only one having a few choice words trying to take them out. And the removable stair piece definitely needs a trim. Right now I cannot remove it from the stair well. I tilt it back. I would like to be able to remove them from the well when I will need to replace them. And yes the wires lying (or is it laying?) on top of the batteries is not the safest design. That's a project to work on this winter.

Tags
bounder