Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2015, 08:40 AM   #15

Are the inside TV's in your coaches LG. I'm kinda hoping the LG remotes are Bluetooth not IR. My coach has LG's inside a Sony outside. I pick it up next Mon. Anyone have a satellite receiver I'ld like to know what TV's it will run if I put the receiver behind the bedroom TV.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2015, 09:38 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Are the inside TV's in your coaches LG. I'm kinda hoping the LG remotes are Bluetooth not IR. My coach has LG's inside a Sony outside. I pick it up next Mon.
Both my inside (living room and bedroom) are LG and no they are not Bluetooth. I have an issue with my LG's I would advise you test with your dealer when you pick it up. My remote for the LR TV controls my bedroom TV. It is rather annoying and I am having the factory look at it when I go there in FEB. I talked to both FW and LG, there is no programmable switch or DIM switches to change the FREQ on the controllers. So when I am watching the LR TV and turn it on, change channels, it also changes the bedroom one. Like I said its annoying, I can shut the bedroom door and it will block the IR from effecting the bedroom, but I don't want to always close off the bedroom.

Quote:
Anyone have a satellite receiver I'ld like to know what TV's it will run if I put the receiver behind the bedroom TV.
This is a love hate thing, My HDMI switch is in the bedroom cabinet, so it is where I have to hook up my SAT receiver, it goes to the LR and the outside SONY system. I have two COAX from the SAT antenna so I could get another SAT receiver and hook into that one and then have it for my Bedroom TV if I wanted. The problem with the receiver in the bedroom cabinet behind the TV is unless you get an IR remote you will not be able to control the receiver from anywhere in the coach because it is blocked. I would have preferred the SAT antenna connection and the HDMI switch to be a 3 switch unit in the LR cabinet next to the Blu-ray Player and the SAT be available to ALL 3 TV's. I am a Tech Junkie and the way they configured the Multi TV switch and all 3 TV's connection capability is not the best IMO. Also you may want to ask about a sound bar or external Speaker for you Bedroom TV. I mis-understood that the speakers above the master bedroom were just hooked into the front radio head and NOT the rear TV as well. It is a little difficult to hear since the speakers are in the back of the LG unit and dead sounding into the cabinet behind the TV and it is at the other end of the room, so you have to have the volume up a lot to hear it at all.

I like the cabinet behind the BR TV because it has multiple plugs and is a great storage for all electronics, same for the one opposite the LR TV; however, FW really needs to think about the use of these and install a IR receiver eye to be able to use any extra devices you want to add ( Blu-ray players, sat rcvers, sound systems) because once you close the cabinet or close the BR TV you will not have any IR reception for anything in the cabinet.

Sorry got a bit long winded, I am still working thru some of these issues for my entertainment set up. The TV's btw are all excellent products. I was a little disappointed at first I did not have all SONY throughout as all the Brochures show, but LG is a quality TV and has excellent service.
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:55 AM   #17

Dennis
Does your coach have a satellite antenna coax output near the entertainment center in the cabinet across from the main tv?? I'm pretty sure I saw something there the last time I was in the coach.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:26 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Dennis
Does your coach have a satellite antenna coax output near the entertainment center in the cabinet across from the main tv?? I'm pretty sure I saw something there the last time I was in the coach.
It does but that is to the Digital HD antenna. I had a Rayzor HD auto antenna installed upon pick up of my coach. I did not realize the new bounder's had a HD blade and not the old Bat wing style crank up antenna. I like my Rayzor a lot and it is awesome for over the air HD; however, had I know the bounder already had a King air HD blade I would have not bought the Razor. So, for my coach that is a dead coax plug as my dealer left the original OEM King Air antenna on the coach rather than remove it and have a hole in my roof. But again the HDMI switch is in the BR cabinet and it has both the HDMI cable to the LR and Outside TV, So of you want to have SAT TV on the LR and the Outside that is where the SAT receiver has to be hooked up. IF you replace the 2 to 1 switch with a 3 to 1 then you could also hook up the bedroom TV to the SAT receiver without having to get 2 Receivers. I have DISH and if you go with DISH you will have to go on the roof and switch the DIMS on the wineguard antenna to receive dish. It is really easy tho and the Manual for your Wineguard shows you exactly how to set the DIM switches. You will have to remove the antenna shield to get to the switches.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:08 PM   #19

I instructed the dealer to move the DIP switches as part of their prep. LR means living room tv correct?
Any reason I can't run the bedroom and LR TV's from the sat. Seems all I'ld need is a hdmi cable to go from the switch to the tv
FWIW I also keep a ROKU box in my coach. I plug it into the sat hdmi switch while I'm parked at home and have good wifi. With good wifi and the ROKU the sat is actually redundant.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:32 PM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I instructed the dealer to move the DIP switches as part of their prep. LR means living room tv correct?
Correct

Quote:
Any reason I can't run the bedroom and LR TV's from the sat. Seems all I'ld need is a hdmi cable to go from the switch to the tv
FWIW I also keep a ROKU box in my coach. I plug it into the sat hdmi switch while I'm parked at home and have good wifi. With good wifi and the ROKU the sat is actually redundant.
Well if yours is the same as mine you need a 3 to 1 switch and mine only has a 2 to 1. You could unplug the outside TV HDMI and just plug the BR TV into the switch. Which isn't a bad plan if you rarely use the Outside TV. That way you would have SAT in the coach and only have to change it if you wanted SAT outside when you used the outside TV. Still have the IR problem with the receiver behind the BR TV in the cabinet. I purchased a Sony Blu-ray player and hooked up to my BR TV, it has WiFi and all the things the ROKU or PRIME stick has so no need to hook that up. The LR TV is a smart TV and so is the LG Blu-ray in the cabinet across from the LR TV, so again no need for ROKU or Prime stick.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:59 PM   #21

I don't really need all 3 TV's running off the sat at the same time.
I also have a smart Blueray player in the bedroom of my current coach. It is nowhere near as smart as the ROKU is. For instance I can use HBO GO to watch HBO programming off the ROKU.
I have Time Warner at home and with the ROKU I can watch virtually anything in the coach I can in the house. I already have a ROKU in the coach so it will be interesting to compare how well the smart TV's / entertainment center stack up. I have encountered a problem with Smart devices having a limited number of app's that you need watch different things. Everyone has Netflix but HBO Go, Fox Sports Go or the TWC App may or may not be available. Fox, HBO and TWC are not available on the LG TV here in the house or my current RV bedroom Blueray.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:46 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
ROKU is an excellent device. I have Prime stick which has all those things too. I don't remember all the apps on the Living room LG, but it is pretty good, so is the LG blu ray in the living room. One thing is the BASS speaker is under the Dinette for the sound system and I am not crazy about its quality(it is loose under there as well), but the overall sound bar and speakers are pretty good in the Living room set up. I will probable hook up my bedroom to the HDMI switch in the cabinet and just change them if and when I want SAT tv on the outside unit. Let me know if you find out anything different or better to do on the set up. I am always interested in improving my sound and video options.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:24 PM   #23

The schematics I have for my coach say there is a front and rear satellite receiver connection. One way to tell if there are 2 is to go up on the roof and see if the Wineguard has 2 antenna leads coming from it, if there are someplace in the coach there is a second sat antenna output.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:33 PM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
The schematics I have for my coach say there is a front and rear satellite receiver connection. One way to tell if there are 2 is to go up on the roof and see if the Wineguard has 2 antenna leads coming from it, if there are someplace in the coach there is a second sat antenna output.
Yes there are two, they are both in my bedroom tv cabinet. LOL labeled "one" and "two". I think one should have been in there and the other one ran to the living room cabinet across from the TV. Not how mine was done for whatever reason. I will try to take a pic of both cabinets for you tomorrow and post. Not sure if it will make any difference but show them anyways.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #25

I'm assuming you do not have a front TV between the drive and pass seats. The 30th Anniv Hide a Loft has a 24" TV that comes with it. I think mine will have another HDMI that connects to that TV too. On my current coach the Home Theater connects to the front and mid(LR) TV.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:40 AM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
No, I do not have a front TV with the Hide-a-loft. It was not even an option and i have not seen a Hide-a-loft with the front TV in the CAB area. I guess with the flat screen no reason you couldn't have it but i don't care for the Front TV on any set up. Seems like it is not in a usable position for any configuration i have seen. I would guess if i was in the bunk the TV would be way to close to use, JMO

One of the biggest reason i got the 35K was the living room TV location. there is NO place in the coach i cannot see the TV and not have my head 90 degrees to it, even the front seats can view it. I just hate seeing a layout that the TV is on the back slide wall and every seat is 90 degrees to it. I like the lift TV's but most ones i have seen have a couch in front of it, so if you have more than two people watching, someones head is going to be in the way !!! LOL
Old 12-08-2015, 08:44 AM   #27

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
oh one thing i forgot, i am putting a cabinet strut on the living room TV so it can be swung out and be straight on view-able from the drop bunk with ease. The strut will keep it stable and fixed in the out position. someone else suggested that and it is a good solution for the KIDDO to watch from the bunk
Old 12-08-2015, 10:46 AM   #28

The Front TV is part of the Hide A Loft in the 30th edition. When entertaining I'ld turn the front and middle TV's on to the same source, moving around and in some seats it was sometimes easier to look at the front TV. Another thing is my hearing I spent 39 years flying helicopters and my voice range hearing is not what it once was. The second TV just seemed to boost the sound levels in the range I have the most problem hearing in.
The 30th has the middle TV mounted on a panel that swings out and has storage behind it, I'm assuming your coach has the same. The front TV with the hide a loft is set so the occupants of the front bunk can see it while in the bed.
Biggest reason we went from an FR3 to the Bounder was the bath and a half arrangement. Our first coach had the one bathroom between the bedroom and the kitchen. My wife is very meticulous in her morning ritual and having the coach split in half for more than an hour every morning was getting to be a pain. Not to mention the WOW factor of walking into a Bounder compared to the FR3.

Tags
bounder