Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2017, 02:34 PM   #1

2016 Bounder 35K - Satellite/Video Questions

We just purchased a used 2016 Bounder and I have been researching on this forum about how to hook up our DirecTV system in our new coach. While reading other posts, I discovered the cords/setup in our bedroom tv cabinet looks different from pictures from other people for this same coach.

1. The first picture shows the bedroom tv cabinet (upper shelf) - as you can see there are NO cords coming out of the wall near the outlet. In other pics I have seen here, there are 2 cords coming out.

2. The 2nd picture is the bottom shelf of same cabinet. The difference between ours and others seem to be different placement of outlets and only 1 HDMI cord out of 1 splitter (have seen 2 splitters in others).

3. The 3rd picture is same bottom shelf and showing the cord labeled RF2 - I read in other threads there is usually 2 cords listed (#1 and #2).

4. Last picture is just inside of cabinet for mid-ship tv.

We received no instruction from Camping World on how to connect any of our tv/sat/audio/vid stuff. So I'm trying to figure out on my own. I have the "Home/Theater/System" schematic but am still a little confused. Does anyone have any other manual I could read to help? Should I install our satellite receiver in bedroom cabinet or mid-ship cabinet? I screwed the cable input from each cabinet into the receiver to test but neither worked. My receiver does not have an HDMI input. Any general help and instruction would be much appreciated.

Also, could some of these differences be because we do NOT have a front tv? Instead, we have a bunk.

Thanks,
Melanie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom TV Cabinet - Top Shelf.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	149353   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom TV Cabinet -Bottom.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	258.8 KB
ID:	149354  

Name:	Only labeled cord in bedroom.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	149355   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mid TV Cabinet.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	259.7 KB
ID:	149356  

BatShipCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2017, 06:25 AM   #2

On my '16 35K the RF1 and RF2 are in the BR TV cabinet. Those are the correct cables for the dish. But if I recall that is not how it is SUPPOSED to be wired per the schematic. I thought one goes to the BR TV and one was supposed to go to the HTSS cabinet (not the mid ship TV). Looks like the pic you have #4 is actually the HTSS area not the mid ship TV.
FYI, I don't have a front TV either, I have the front drop down bed too.
In any case, you said RF2 doesn't work. What error do you receive? In the picture the satellite dish is not turned on. I presume you know the dish must be on to function (don't be offended, some people just don't know and we're trying to cover all bases). The Winegard Roadtrip Mission is the unit I have on the roof. We'll presume you have the same. That dish can be configured for DirecTV or Dish (I have Dish). You may need to climb up on the roof and take the cover off to check how it is configured. There are dip switches that change the configuration.
There should 2 lines coming from the roof (RF1 and RF2). Only one will CONTROL the dish (move from bird to bird to lock a signal). The other is like a slave. It only receives the signal it does not control the movement of the dish if you change channels and it needs a bird change).
Lots of info there. Hope some of it helps. Let us know how it turns out.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1865.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	149431   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1867.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	149432  

Name:	IMG_1868.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	149433  
Old 01-18-2017, 10:26 AM   #3

The two satellite dish coax cables go to the BR TV cabinet. If not exposed, they are behind the wall access panel. That is how they are in the schematics.

There are HDMI cables from the BR TV Cabinet to each TV. Using either the HDMI port on the receiver or the HDMI splitters supplied, all the TVs can be driven.

We had a Hopper 3 with the HDMI split with the Mid and Front TV, a Joey driving the Bedroom TV, and a second Joey driving the External TV. All in the BR TV Cabinet.

The number of supplied HDMI splitters is probably determined by the number of TVs.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale & Mark Bruss View Post
The two satellite dish coax cables go to the BR TV cabinet. If not exposed, they are behind the wall access panel. That is how they are in the schematics.

There are HDMI cables from the BR TV Cabinet to each TV. Using either the HDMI port on the receiver or the HDMI splitters supplied, all the TVs can be driven.

We had a Hopper 3 with the HDMI split with the Mid and Front TV, a Joey driving the Bedroom TV, and a second Joey driving the External TV. All in the BR TV Cabinet.

The number of supplied HDMI splitters is probably determined by the number of TVs.
I was wanting to use my (house bedroom) DirectV receiver but it does not have an HDMI output port, only coax. I hooked it up in the 17 Bounder bedroom TV using the 3 color wires and that works good. Is there something I can purchase to convert the coax output from my receiver to an HDMI female so I can hook up that HDMI male in the RV? I am hoping to feed those 2 lines downstream in the RV with that male HDMI cable. I've seen some coax to HDMI converters but someone said those don't work with TVs.
czeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:36 AM   #5

The cost of a Coax-to-HDMI converter is an expensive proposition. It would be cheaper to replace the DirecTV receiver that is more current.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:09 AM   #6

CZ
Depending on which Direct receiver you have remember that in the coach it will have to be located behind the bedroom TV. If your receiver has an IR remote that means it must be pointed at the receiver to work. Behind a TV in a cabinet makes that problematic. There are IR extenders and other products to work around that issue.
The best solution I found was getting a DISH Wally receiver. It has a RF remote that works thru walls. I can even change channels on the satellite while watching the external TV. The Wally was selling new for around 80.00 this past holiday season.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:21 PM   #7

Well, I went to Camping World and picked up the H24 DirectTV receiver. It also comes with an IR/RF remote. Called DirectTv and for $7.00 extra per month, I now have satellite TV in the Bounder. Got the RF part working and I can now use the one remote at any of the TVs. I have no complaints.... but is there a solution to allow the other 2 TVs to watch different channels than the main unit in the bedroom? That would be icing.
czeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:07 PM   #8

I also have a 2016 Bounder. I have a question about the outside tv mounting. Can I tilt the tv side to side or is it mounted solid? A friend of mine has a winnabego and can pull it out a inch or two and tilt it side to side. Just wanted to know if I can too. Can not find anything in the manuals
Kdavisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:43 PM   #9

The outside 2016 TV is not a a tilt mount
Old 04-27-2017, 08:19 AM   #10

Quote:
The outside 2016 TV is not a a tilt mount

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to make it one?
Old 04-27-2017, 02:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdavisson View Post
Thanks for the info. Is it possible to make it one?
There is not a lot of clearance in the outside compartment to add a swing arm.

But the space behind the TV is the base galley cabinet so perhaps you could build a support frame for a swing arm by extending into the galley cabinet.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:12 PM   #12

Quote:
There is not a lot of clearance in the outside compartment to add a swing arm.

But the space behind the TV is the base galley cabinet so perhaps you could build a support frame for a swing arm by extending into the galley cabinet.

I will look into that.
Thanks again
Old 04-28-2017, 11:32 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Okay - I have the 2016 35K Anniversary edition... and have just started playing with the satellite system...

After several hours of fighting the system yesterday I was able to watch some satellite TV.

Last night I turned off the satellite dish.

Today, I turned on the dish and the receiver is not able to "acquire the signal".
  1. Is it necessary to turn off the dish? I'm thinking it'd help while boondocking to not have it on all the time.
  2. If it is turned off, do you need to turn on the dish and wait a while before you turn on the receiver?
  3. Basically... what is the procedure to get the dish/receiver to talk to each other?
lynch763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:43 AM   #14

Assuming this is a dome dish on the roof, yes it needs power to be able to seek satellites.

Maybe if locked onto a satellite, you could turn the power off and just stay with that satellite.

When the receiver is turned on, it goes through a handshake with the dish at which time the power to the dish needs to be on.

Tags
bounder, directv, satellite