Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2016, 03:55 PM   #1

2016 Bounder Audio/Video

For some reason, Fleetwood put equipment behind closed cabinet doors. This includes the Home Theater system in the cabinet over the Living Room area. To control the volume or DVD, you have to leave the cabinet open, and be a contortionist. A quick trip to the parts store for some IR Extenders has solved that problem.
Elwood58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2016, 04:03 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood58 View Post
For some reason, Fleetwood put equipment behind closed cabinet doors. This includes the Home Theater system in the cabinet over the Living Room area. To control the volume or DVD, you have to leave the cabinet open, and be a contortionist. A quick trip to the parts store for some IR Extenders has solved that problem.
Yup, found that out right away, have one for the bedroom TV and Blu-ray player as well, my Dish SAT receiver is in the bedroom and hooked to the living room and outside TV, so I have a multi port IR extender. I thought the new 30anniversary had a glass front on that living room cabinet tho? Mine is not a 30 Anniversary so it is a solid wood thus the extenders are a necessity They definitely could had a little more thought on that configuration.
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:04 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I did the same thing. work great. Mine has the transmitter that takes the place of one of the batteries in the remote. The receiver looks like a flying saucer with an antenna and sits inside cabinet.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Dean View Post
Yup, found that out right away, have one for the bedroom TV and Blu-ray player as well, my Dish SAT receiver is in the bedroom and hooked to the living room and outside TV, so I have a multi port IR extender. I thought the new 30anniversary had a glass front on that living room cabinet tho? Mine is not a 30 Anniversary so it is a solid wood thus the extenders are a necessity They definitely could had a little more thought on that configuration.
What IR extender are you using for your Dish receiver?
Old 03-15-2016, 06:01 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbdBlue View Post
What IR extender are you using for your Dish receiver?
These are what I got and work pretty well. I haven't tried moving the one outside and see how it works with the outside tv, but it has the range so should be fine. Works great in my living room and bedroom. I am curious as to the one MoJoracing has tho, I haven't seen one that is part of the battery set up for the remote. I have also thought about getting the HDMI cable one just for the bedroom tv and my Blu-Ray player in there. I am waiting to see how much use I really have for that. I have also thought about getting the LG super remote to get rid of the "where the hell is my remote" search.
Terk Leapfrog Remote Control Extender Kit LFIRX
by Terk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51N9QLDInOS._SL1024_.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	121466  
Old 03-15-2016, 06:09 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Heres the one I have. When the little battery goes dead, you put it in the base to recharge. It comes with two so you never have to wait for it to charge. The battery goes in the little tubes to change the size from aaa to aa depending on what your remote takes.
http://www.amazon.com/Next-Generatio.../dp/B000C1Z0HA
Old 03-15-2016, 07:01 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Heres the one I have. When the little battery goes dead, you put it in the base to recharge. It comes with two so you never have to wait for it to charge. The battery goes in the little tubes to change the size from aaa to aa depending on what your remote takes.
Robot Check
THANKS MoJo !!!
Old 03-15-2016, 07:31 AM   #8

Are you guys using a 211z receiver? I haven't tried those extenders but I have tried a few others none of which worked with the Dish receiver but did control other devices. Wanted to get some real life feedback from others before buying another extender. In my Southwind the av cab is in the front and feeds the two front tv's. The bedroom and the outside TV's feed from HDMI cables that originate at the bedroom TV location. I replaced the factory two way splitter in the av cab with a 4 way splitter and ran an HDMI cable from the front av cab to the ext tv and added a splitter there. Then backfed the bedroom tv through the factory cable that runs from the bedroom to the ext tv. That way I can have the bedroom tv fed from the sat box in the front av cabinet.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:21 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbdBlue View Post
Are you guys using a 211z receiver?
Yes, I have a DISH 211Z single receiver in my bedroom. It is hooked into my 2 way HDMi switch, I sometimes switch my bedroom and outside TV cable to the splitter and have thought about getting a 1to3 HDMI to just hook all 3 TV's to my SAT receiver. The 211z is IR only and has no UHF capability like many of the other dish receiver's so you must have an IR extender if you don't want to put the receiver in a open line of sight area for the remote to function.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:21 PM   #10

I'm using the Terk with the Z211 also. I've also gotten a 1 into 4 HDMI splitter. That way I can put everything from one source if I want to. I also use a ROKU box when I have enough WiFi bandwidth. My Roku has a Bluetooth remote so aiming it isn't an issue.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:59 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes, I have the same sat box and it works great. Got sick of having cabinet door open all the time. Never failed I would pack up and get going down the road only to look up and see I had forgotten to close the cabinet. Lucky it never fell out on my head.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:29 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Yes, I have the same sat box and it works great. Got sick of having cabinet door open all the time. Never failed I would pack up and get going down the road only to look up and see I had forgotten to close the cabinet. Lucky it never fell out on my head.
I also have a 2014 35K and was wondering how warm the audio components get with the door closed over time. I thought the door had to be open by design to allow heat to escape. However, I do like the idea of an extended remote and the door kept closed.

Tags
audio, bounder