Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2017, 08:28 PM   #1065

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
CG
Here is something to check that is pretty simple. Look at the screen on the water pump. If it is clogged it will reduce the pressure and it's most noticeable on the hot water side if the problem occurs while running on the pump..
I noticed the issue while on city water. Haven't checked while running the pump.
But thanks for the option to check it out.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2017, 09:47 PM   #1066

Quote:
Thought I’ld start a thread for 2016 new Bounder owners to post their experiences with their new coaches. We’ve traded a 2014 35K for a 2016 30th Anniversary 6 Speed 35K. Our experience with the Factory Service Center has been very positive it’s one of the reasons we’re getting another Bounder. Part of our purchase plan is making an appointment at the service center in July when we pass close by on the way back from MI.
At this time our only time behind the wheel of the new coach was the test drive and the 200 miles drive home from the dealer. The new 6 speed chassis out performs the older 5 speed in every way we can measure so far, especially interior noise levels. The coach we traded had the 5 Star tune and while that helped the 2016 coach still outperforms it everywhere.
Issues:
Waste water drain did not line up with the service compartment opening, dealer corrected prior to pick up.
No seperate fresh water opening in the service compartment, dealer added a separate access panel
Water leak over Hide a loft, dealer found the Winneguard cables not properly sealed, corrected and ordered a new mattress from Fleetwood.
Fresh water fitting on toilet not properly connected pumped appx 10 gallons of water inside the coach. Dealer fixed leak and dried inside of coach, Fleetwood aware of issue and will replace the floor at service center.
On drive home check engine light came on, Local Ford dealer assigned me an excellent technician, we went for a test drive together with the diagnostic equipment connected to the coach, 2 cylinders were misfiring, Tech replaced 2 sparkplugs and noticed a lot of moisture around the coil packs, he removed all the coil packs dried them and added dielectric grease, test drive no more misfires. (Only way water could have gotten there was before the coach body was added to the chassis. I’ve seen the chassis stored out in the open at the factory prior to final assembly, they need to do a better job protecting the componets from moisture prior to assembly)
Hide a loft lower limit switch was knocked off by a screw in the track it runs in. Dealer sent a tech to campsite and they remounted the switch. It broke off again about 3 cycles later. I purchased a switch reinstalled it and countersunk the offending screw.
Outside entertainment center flooded during a sideways rain, At home in the driveway after a very intense storm I found water inside the coach, after removing one of the galley drawers I saw water dripping from the outside entertainment center. TV, DVD player and speakers were soaked. Next morning I found an area about 3” long on the top of the entertainment center where it meets the outer wall of the coach that was not sealed. I applied caulk to the area and leak tested with a hose leak fixed, Dealer will replace the TV, DVD player and speakers at their location next month when I’m on my way to FL.
L shaped sofa in coach tearing the fabric when extending the extension, Fleetwood notified will correct at service center.
We expect things on a new coach biggest disappointment was the water leaks. Dealer has done a good job supporting the coach so far, No regrets
I have applied Mouse Free to the coach, for rust proofing the undercarriage and it works great at keeping vermin out too.

It’s really not a bolt the l shape couch is rubbing on kinda we had the same issue with our new storm its the way u fold it down it needs to fold down so that the top that’s getting worn goes under the front edge of the seat they just replaced it and that was the problem if you need a pic let me know
Old 11-17-2017, 07:39 PM   #1067

Furnace

hi guys, i'm having trouble with my rear furnace...the electric heat pump comes on with the thermostat, but if I switch to gas, nothing happens. I do hear the thermostat kick on, but the blower does not blow, the igniter is not trying to ignite...nothing happens. I haven't opened the cover yet, does anyone know where the fuse or relay is for the rear furnace? if not, do you have any ideas as to why it won't blow? was thinking it could be the thermal fuse for it? not sure if it has one...the water heater did and I blew that out a few months back. easy fix. any ideas would be helpful...thanks
Old 11-17-2017, 07:45 PM   #1068

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
I started to develop lower water pressure on all the hot faucets. Did a little research and usually it is one of 2 things. First was the outside shower knobs not being closed. Checked mine and they are closed. The second is the hot water tank check valve.
Anyone tackle replacing this valve on the '16 Bounder yet? Specific part number so I can got to big orange and get it before I start the job?
Any other thoughts on what it might be other than the above 2 items?
It's not horrible yet but is noticeable. Also want to tackle it before I go in for surgery on my dominate hand in January. Won't really be able to tackle it for a few months after that.
have you tried flushing the water heater? it is supposed to be done annually...if you travel a lot to areas with hard water, you might just have deposits inside the heater.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:13 AM   #1069

Sounds like a power issue and that is a 12 volt system. I'ld look at the illumaplex panel and see if there is a blown fuse in it. The panel has a function that will tell you if a fuse is blown or not. I don't think that's where the problem as the furnace system doesn't show up on any of my schematics. Find the compartment that has the BCC. Look around that compartment for some labeled fuses or breakers. Also take the door off the BCC and look on the back side, there should be a schematic there that will tell you what the fuses and circuit that pass thru there are. If you don't find any tripped breakers or bad fuses I'ld remove the external door of the furnace and look there. There is a circuit board in there that I recall having a bad reputation for moisture intolerance. Good Luck
Also look for wasp nests in there that could have jammed the blower if those critters are in your area.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:41 PM   #1070

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_Bound-r View Post
have you tried flushing the water heater? it is supposed to be done annually...if you travel a lot to areas with hard water, you might just have deposits inside the heater.
I flush it annually and that doesn't seem to be the problem. Pretty pristine in there from what I can see. Plus I have a water softener.
I read there is an access panel for the check valve on the heater just haven't gone underneath and looked for it. I am enjoying this retired life way to much and this GREAT Florida weather.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:42 PM   #1071

Quote:
Sounds like a power issue and that is a 12 volt system. I'ld look at the illumaplex panel and see if there is a blown fuse in it. The panel has a function that will tell you if a fuse is blown or not. I don't think that's where the problem as the furnace system doesn't show up on any of my schematics. Find the compartment that has the BCC. Look around that compartment for some labeled fuses or breakers. Also take the door off the BCC and look on the back side, there should be a schematic there that will tell you what the fuses and circuit that pass thru there are. If you don't find any tripped breakers or bad fuses I'ld remove the external door of the furnace and look there. There is a circuit board in there that I recall having a bad reputation for moisture intolerance. Good Luck
Also look for wasp nests in there that could have jammed the blower if those critters are in your area.
Thanks Al...I couldn't find a fuse for the heater in the illumaplex, nor a relay or fuse at the BCC...as a result I took off the cover (were in 30's here) to take a look and found a relay switch behind the cover...unfortunately that wasn't it either. So I went old school, just started pulling on wires to make sure everything was connected and bam...the blower turned on. Tracked it back to the power side wire loom which travels to the top of the unit and connects with one of those 10-15 point white plastic connector. Something must've bounced loose during my trip from Decatur to Louisville...roads are pretty bad. I'll test it again when we leave here and start our trip to Florida for the winter.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:47 PM   #1072

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
I flush it annually and that doesn't seem to be the problem. Pretty pristine in there from what I can see. Plus I have a water softener.
I read there is an access panel for the check valve on the heater just haven't gone underneath and looked for it. I am enjoying this retired life way to much and this GREAT Florida weather.
Well, that was my only guess...does it have different water pressure between the shower and say the kitchen sink? Only experience I have with the water heater on this Bounder is when the thermal fuse died.

Where you at in Florida? We are leaving this Friday to start making our way from here in Kentucky. Looking forward to some sun and fun.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:56 PM   #1073

Water Leak

Hope this helps you guys or anyone else reading this thread. Make sure your radio antenna on front cap of roof is tight. Should be obvious, but mine became slightly loose from driving (nothing noticeable). We drove into a pretty severe rain storm/tornado and water protruded through the antenna hole from it being loose and came into the vehicle above the driver's seat and it also traveled all the way back to the Carbon Monoxide Detector through the roof in the back bedroom. Its amazing it could travel that far within the ceiling. Good thing we found where the leak was coming from and were able to dry everything out before any damage could occur. The CO2 detector survived the water and works properly still. Tightened the antenna and been through rainstorms since, whew I got lucky I think.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:06 PM   #1074

RV-B
We're in Brandenburg KY how far are you?? Also on that top cap look at the clearance lights. My Bounder had a leak develop there and it was the rubber grommets around the amber clearance lights that were deteriorating. I had a another roof leak on the passengers side get the slide controller box wet( the one above the door with the switches). About a year later the slideout stopped working and the moisture damage to the controller box was the cause
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #1075

Quote:
RV-B
We're in Brandenburg KY how far are you?? Also on that top cap look at the clearance lights. My Bounder had a leak develop there and it was the rubber grommets around the amber clearance lights that were deteriorating. I had a another roof leak on the passengers side get the slide controller box wet( the one above the door with the switches). About a year later the slideout stopped working and the moisture damage to the controller box was the cause
We are visiting my wife's parents for the holidays here in Mount Eden - Taylorsville area. Had a tornado warning here the other night...tree came down blocking the road on our way home from the movies. Luckily my father in-law had a chainsaw and gear nearby and we cut our way through to get home. You never know what you're going to deal with in this neck of the woods.

I'll get back up and check the lights up there. After installing 4 solar panels on the roof about 6 months ago, I thought one of the panels had come loose or ripped up somehow. I was surprised to see they were nice and tight, sealed still. That was how I stumbled upon the loose antenna...it was the rubber grommet as well letting in water.

Fleetwood was great, I can't say enough about the work they did on it in Decatur. They fixed things that weren't even on the list, just because he noticed it during other work that was being completed. Good guys there.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:45 PM   #1076

Crack in sidewall, corner of bedroom slide

Hi,

I have been following this thread and found lots of common issues to my 2016 33C. I have not happened to notice the crack in the sidewall I experienced reported in this thread, although I see it reported elsewhere.

Talking with a couple of people at the factory service center in Decatur, this seems to be a common issue, and would be covered by your structural warranty. Fleetwood did an excellent job repairing the crack in my wall and another 33C that I saw. Pictures attached show the crack, with the fiberglass removed, after the repair, and after the finish repaint.

They weld the aluminum framing on the exterior which should keep the wall from cracking again. Also put a thin plate in ahead of the patching. Repair takes about 3 days.

We have about 13K miles on our Bounder so far. Heading to Florida for the winter.

Glad to have it looking like new!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide_Out.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	309.1 KB
ID:	183637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gelcoat_Removed.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	183638  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Patch_Primed.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	183639   Click image for larger version

Name:	Finished_Repair.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	183640  

tomandjoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:45 PM   #1077

2016 Bounder Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandjoan View Post
Hi,

I have been following this thread and found lots of common issues to my 2016 33C. I have not happened to notice the crack in the sidewall I experienced reported in this thread, although I see it reported elsewhere.

Talking with a couple of people at the factory service center in Decatur, this seems to be a common issue, and would be covered by your structural warranty. Fleetwood did an excellent job repairing the crack in my wall and another 33C that I saw. Pictures attached show the crack, with the fiberglass removed, after the repair, and after the finish repaint.

They weld the aluminum framing on the exterior which should keep the wall from cracking again. Also put a thin plate in ahead of the patching. Repair takes about 3 days.

We have about 13K miles on our Bounder so far. Heading to Florida for the winter.

Glad to have it looking like new!

Two questions...is this on the front bottom corner of the bedroom slides? And is the structural warranty longer than the regular warranty or still just a year?

Hope you all are doing well! I of course am still dealing with our issue from back in April! Travel safe!
Old 11-23-2017, 07:07 AM   #1078

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFfiredawg View Post
Two questions...is this on the front bottom corner of the bedroom slides? And is the structural warranty longer than the regular warranty or still just a year?

Hope you all are doing well! I of course am still dealing with our issue from back in April! Travel safe!
What have you been dealing with?

Tags
bounder