Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2018, 09:03 AM   #1289

Z3406-Brenda and Al

Could you by any chance repost the slide out manual for the 2016 Bound anniversary? Cannot seem to find it

Thank you
Flugday Jo Ann & Mark
2016 Bounder Anniversary
flugday55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2018, 09:28 AM   #1290

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...2-S0140-00.pdf
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:14 AM   #1291

look here

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/2016...-276429-5.html
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:57 AM   #1292

Is this the service manual your looking for, my rig is not currently at the house to verify this is the correct manual.

Every time I find a service manual I save it in a folder on my phone. Because the time the manual is going to be needed is when your on the road.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Slide service manual.pdf (563.9 KB, 43 views)
pchuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #1293

Fleetwood Owners Club
Do you know how to lubricate the bedroom slide on the 35K, we have a 2017.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:12 AM   #1294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopalms View Post
Do you know how to lubricate the bedroom slide on the 35K, we have a 2017.

LOL. That is a good question. You can't even see the slide. I'd guess you could take the bed frame apart. This is a component they installed and give you no method of servicing. The owners manual tells you in a generic form if the bedroom slide needs to be closed manually to locate the slide motor and put a wrench on it to close it. I'd sure like to see someone do that!
Old 09-27-2018, 03:42 AM   #1295

Two access panels on mine. One in the storage compartment under the bed and one at the base at the foot of the bed.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:09 AM   #1296
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If it closes like mine it does not require much effort with the wrench.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:43 AM   #1297
Community Administrator

The slide mechanism is accessible under the bed by removing the thin piece of wood floor ( a few screws ) . You can them release the brake and wrench in the room.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:55 AM   #1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFfiredawg View Post
Two access panels on mine. One in the storage compartment under the bed and one at the base at the foot of the bed.

Yes, the upper inspection plate has to do with the Vacuflush system I am thinking as you see no slide components there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
If it closes like mine it does not require much effort with the wrench.

I am sure it doesn't, but have you done it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
The slide mechanism is accessible under the bed by removing the thin piece of wood floor ( a few screws ) . You can them release the brake and wrench in the room.

I have not peeled up my carpet/fabric off the floor yet to look how the bottom of the platform comes up. I am guessing the 4 bolts you see down the center of that upper bed frame are part of the slide. Mine are about pulled through the thin wood. So hypothetical here-----The slide is stuck out. You lift the bed to access the storage underneath. You rip out the carpet, mine is glued in, to access the screws to remove the upper platform floor. You remove the 4 bolts in the center front and rear. You pull the panel up. You unlock the motor and wrench in the slide. How do you let the bed back down? Not sure I'd trust the flimsy lift cylinders with weight on them going down the road. And only one cylinder locks.

I had the issue of a busted safety relay, which nobody ever found, causing both slides and the jacks to not work. Jacks no big deal as they could simply be drained and the springs would retract them. Living area slide needed two folks with wrenches to close it up. On that bedroom slide the motor is visible and you can touch it via the inspection plate at the bottom of the lower base. No way could I figure out how to get a wrench on it. And even if I could how in the world could a normal human manually pull the slide in? The lower part of the frame is stationary and the top slides in. Possibly a very small person can fit in there to do the job. I sure couldn't fit in that area. I had a tech come out to the park and he hot wired the slide and closed it.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:37 AM   #1299
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1340 View Post

I am sure it doesn't, but have you done it?
Yes I have but once it was closed it stayed closed for the rest of the trip until I got home. That bedroom slide on the driver side is not very deep.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:56 AM   #1300

Quote:
Yes I have but once it was closed it stayed closed for the rest of the trip until I got home. That bedroom slide on the driver side is not very deep.

On a 35K? Did you lay in the rear bathroom floor to get at it? With the slide opened and the access panel off I tried to get at it. I felt all around and I couldn't even get a wrench on it. Mine may be really different I guess. But I think your rig is possibly considerably different than mine.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:19 AM   #1301
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mines a Pace Arrow 38L unfortunately it’s in Florida and I’m in the Michigan UP so no way to get you a picture real soon.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:06 AM   #1302

Quote:
Mines a Pace Arrow 38L unfortunately it’s in Florida and I’m in the Michigan UP so no way to get you a picture real soon.

It's a different rig. I bet it's different than a 2017 35K. When mine got stuck I had a tech out to the park. A little guy. He got on his belly and got in there and couldn't do it. So I built a prop to hold the bed up as I certainty didn't trust the factory struts. We over rode the electric system and got it closed. I took it to the shop and the tech there needed to check out all the electric stuff behind the TV. He stood on the bed frame to do that, big no no. It all works now, but the bed frame needs to be rebuilt.

I am in the process of buying a new house that will accommodate my RV. Way too hard to work on it in storage. In the next 6 months or so as time allows I'll pull the bed frame apart and see how it works. I'd hope to gain access to the motor from the top. But being the top bed frame slides by some means forward and backward on the lower bed frame you'd need a fair size access hole as the top frame moves and the motor stays in place.

Tags
bounder