Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2017, 07:16 PM   #1

2016 Flair/Admiral Thermostat Fuse Location

Anyone know where the fuse is that supplies 12v to the heat/ac thermostat? My heat quit over the weekend and now the AC will not function either. I'm thinking one of the first things to do is to be sure the tstat is still working. The fuse panel under the bed doesn't have it and the panel under the dash is only automotive type functions. Isn't there a fuse box under the front hood where it may be located? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

I'll try to call fleetwood tomorrow during my lunch break but wanted to get a head start with this forum if possible.

Thanks!
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2017, 09:45 PM   #2

In the panel under the bed, fuse #3, marked appliances. Pretty sure that is the one that supplies power to the thermostat and heater on my coach.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:50 PM   #3

Just looked at the 12v electrical drawings, circuit #3 should be the correct one
Old 10-31-2017, 04:10 AM   #4

Thanks...I'll get out there in a few minutes and check it.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:35 AM   #5

Well...that's not the problem then because all the 12v fuses under the bed are good. I'll give Fleetwood a call later.

Any other ideas?
Old 10-31-2017, 10:08 AM   #6

...and of course, they are closed during lunch time.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:38 AM   #7

I had a problem once where the circuit board for the furnace was getting wet during heavy rains causing the fan to run continuously at a slow speed. I puled the cover and besides correcting the water thing, found a switch that I thought would secure the power to the furnace but found out that when it was shut off neither the furnace or the air conditioner would work. I assumed that it was somehow interrupting the power to the thermostat, probably miswired at the factory but I corrected the water issue and never got back to chasing down the switch functionality. I know it's a long shot, but if someone has had the cover off your furnace it might be worth looking at.

If you PM me an email address I will send you the power and plumbing drawings for the coach. I have a 2016 29T but I think the drawings are applicable to the 26 and 29 series coaches.
j.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:54 AM   #8

Yep..that's what happened to me...very heavy rain a couple weeks ago and the fan wouldn't stop. I took the furnace cover off and there's a off\reset switch I turned off to kill the furnace fan. I reset it and now nothing works.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:59 AM   #9

Maybe I just don't know how the reset works??? I don't have any doc on the furnace.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:49 PM   #10

Ok, here's what I got on that switch. It is just on/off, no reset position. The power to the thermostat is tied to the closed side of the switch so if the switch is failed or the downstream side of the switch is shorted the thermostat will not get any power.

The problem I had with mine was that the control board was sitting in water, causing it to short. Once it was removed and cleaned up it starting working again. I ultimately replaced it with a board from Dinosaur as the Dino board is conformal coated and has standoffs to keep it up out of the water. Check to make sure your board is not sitting in water, it does not take much to cause it not to function. I have the manual for the furnace and a diagram for the furnace wiring but cannot upload the image. PM me with an email address and I will send them to you.
j.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:07 PM   #11

PM sent.
The board was sitting in water but it is completely dry now. I'll not need the heat next week but possibly the a/c. Wonder if I could jump past that switch to get power to the tstat so a/c will work?
Old 11-01-2017, 07:05 PM   #12

yea! it was that "off/reset" switch. Not sure if it just got wet and corroded a bit, or if it is bad. I finally had some time to spend on it this afternoon and Thanks to Jeff...i was able to trace the tstat power to that switch on the furnace. I cleaned it a bit and reset the wires on the terminals and it started working. It may stop working again as we bump down the road, but at least I know I can jiggle it a bit and get it to connect.

I'm definitely going to look at the Dinosaur board as a replacement.

Jeff.. was there any other work you did to keep the water from getting in there?
Old 11-01-2017, 07:28 PM   #13

I don't think so, just cleaned up the seal (if I remember correctly it is an o-ring), put a little lube on it and tightened evenly all around. Been a couple of heavy downpours since and no further problems.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:09 PM   #14

OK.. maybe thats the problem, I don't see any seals or o-rings on mine. Maybe it was just installed wrong. There's no seal of any kind on the exhaust vent which is where the water seems to be getting in. I'll go back and check that install manual and use some silicone sealant on it when I get back.

Tags
air, cat, fuse, thermostat